hai does commerce and economics do da same subjectz in uni? (1 Viewer)

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
well if they do, why would they be seperate courses?
but generally they have 'quite a few' similar subjects

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
no they are different. but they do share some core subjects in first year, eg. mirco and macro econ and metrics.

for b. economics, you need to major in either economics or econometrics and you can combine that major with another major from the same faculty (or b. commerce degree).

for b. commerce, you can major in anything from the faculty, even economics, but you don't get the professional recognition as an economist like you do with the b. economics.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
From what I have been told there is a similar situation with accounting, as you will only get the official recognition from that subject within a B. Comm and not a B. Econ. I was told by a mate who is taking a B. Econ, so... ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Generator
From what I have been told there is a similar situation with accounting, as you will only get the official recognition from that subject within a B. Comm and not a B. Econ. I was told by a mate who is taking a B. Econ, so... ?
no, if u do an B.Eco and do the required CPA/CA subjects within ur degree, u will be recoginised by them (as an accountant)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)