hair removal (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've only used hair removal cream once, I think it was Marzena (?), but I don't like the creams, I prefer wax...I hate how creams just frazzle the hair til it falls off...and it doesn't take it by the roots, so it grows back just as quick as shaving

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hair removal cream thins your hair each time

but other than that, yeah they grow back quick anyway,

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
whoa 49 dollars to get a leg wax? its much cheaper around the bankstown area.
anywho ewww hair removal creams?
i'd much prefer waxing, doesnt hurt a bit.well.. maybe a little but its only short lived

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Any1 had a Brazillian on here (if your game to tell)....I wanna get one; but Im going to wait till I go to Bali...Cheaper! :uhhuh: (I hope)

HSC
I'm way too impatient for hair removal creams. You have to leave them on for (what seems like) ages, you end up smelling like absolute crap and it grows back too fast for my liking.

It's also really painful if you have cuts on your leg.

Waxing is good, my opinion is that epilating is the best if you can handle it.
Braun currently have a promotion which you can try an epilator for 60 days and if you don't like it just take it back for a full refund.

And to answer PinkPixie, i've had a brazillian but i didn't think the pain was worth it.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my_sharona said:
epilating is the best if you can handle it
i did it for the first time the day before yesterday with mum's epiladay. crap it caned! but its worth it - i hate shaving all the time, i've used the veet spray mousse crap (doesnt work, and my legs felt really hot when it was on), and never got the hang of waxing (did it a couple of times diy, took too long).
can you get the small hairs off (the little white ones that you cant see but can feel) with it, or should i wait till they grow a bit more?

ps. what's a good exfoliator?

Always

HSC
I hate depilatory creams. They reek and never get rid of smaller hairs. I suggest you invest in a epilator. Waxes are good but you can only get them ever so often when the hairs are long enough. I used to find epilators painful but now I'm immune to the pain. No pain, no gain. :p

To whoever that asked about brazillians, yes I've had one before. What do you girls do in summer at the beach when you're in bikini bottoms??

Just use a loofah. Easiest and most effective.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
A full leg wax can be heaps cheap (especially as a student) but off the top of my head I dont know cos I usually get eyebrows done as well. I love waxing because it doesnt hurt (maybe stings a little) and its way better then shaving. And I dont think hair removal creams should even be sold.. but thats just me.

HSC
alby said:
i did it for the first time the day before yesterday with mum's epiladay. crap it caned! but its worth it - i hate shaving all the time, i've used the veet spray mousse crap (doesnt work, and my legs felt really hot when it was on), and never got the hang of waxing (did it a couple of times diy, took too long).
can you get the small hairs off (the little white ones that you cant see but can feel) with it, or should i wait till they grow a bit more?

Basically if you can see hair, you can epilate it.
My first two months of epilating, i had to put my legs on top of ice because i just couldn't handle the pain.
But it lasts for ages - about 3 weeks for me in summer, longer in winter.

Garnier has a good body scrub, i find the best exfoliators are just ones with chunky bits in them.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
well i couldnt get them off when i tried a couple of days ago (may also be caus its a older one)....will try again soon. i just hate the spikey feeling.

the pain wasnt that bad...i was sore when i started, i turned dotty, but i survived

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
Any1 had a Brazillian on here (if your game to tell)....I wanna get one; but Im going to wait till I go to Bali...Cheaper! :uhhuh: (I hope)
i get brazillians. they arent really taboo anymore hey? i used to get it all off but now i just get it neatened. its really really really good for summer and swimsuits :) but the first time it hurts like all hell. when i had it done the first time, the beautician broke her nail and started screaming. it was a very torturous experience, but well worth it.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i get brazillians sometimes, depends ont he person doing the wax if it hurts or not, i recently got one that hurt more than my first one and i ended up with bad bruising and got ingrowns later on as well...so go to someone good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)