Hair streaks (1 Viewer)

sirfeathers

HSC
Hey,

I just got my hair streaked crazily yesterday (pink and green semi-permanent, it's awesome!!), got it done professionally because I've never coloured my hair before and I wanted to see how it's done before attempting anything myself. Anyway, I just thought I'd start a hair-streaking thread cos there are a few things i want to know, and maybe there are other people interested as well:

- how long should I expect it to last? 3-4 weeks? (it's over bleached hair)

- any particular products recommended for streaked hair? I just got a Loreal colour conditioner and "colour protect" serum but I don't really know what's good.

- anything that's really really bad for streaked hair? Eg. I'm guessing stay away from swimming pools.

- does anyone streak their own hair? I'm interested in doing this once this first application fades, just having some difficulty finding the products eg. green hair dye.

and anything else you think is important to know??

Thanks!!

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
my sister got something like that a while back and depending on how often you wash your hair, 3-4 weeks sounds about right.

don't know much about what product to use [sister used garnier fructis at the time], but i'm sure that fudge has green hair dye.

i've had periods where i wanted to get streaks, but i wouldn't want to have to deal with looking like a tryhard blonde asian when i can't be bothered with the upkeep.

Rainie

HSC
Once you've streaked your hair, you should always buy coloured shampoo to use (I personally use the Garnier Fructis ones :p)

By semi-permanent, are those the ones they fade after x amount of hair washes? =S well, it'll depend on the brand of hairdye your hairdresser used. But generally, if it's over bleached hair, mine actually lasted for a year and a bit (providing if you don't cut your hair)

I recently dyed and bleached my hair and the hair dye kit came with the L'Oreal colour conditioner applicator. Just use whatever the salon gave you then switch to some other brand like Garnier.

Hmm, you don't have to stay away from siwmming pools, just wear a cap to swim. That's what I do :)

And, after you dye your hair, do not dye it like the next week, It will seriously stuff up your hair. Wait for at least 3~4 weeks before dying again. I dye my own hair, but natural colours though :p For green hair dye, I suggest you buy it from a hair salon or order online :D

One last thing, stay away from hair straighteners at least two weeks and let your hair recover from those harsh chemicals before using the straightener :lol:the last thing you would want is burnt and dead hair :)

Hope this helps you =)

sirfeathers

HSC
ah cool, thanks for that guys :)

gouge.away said:
don't know much about what product to use [sister used garnier fructis at the time], but i'm sure that fudge has green hair dye.
I've just been doing my research and apparently fudge has discontinued it's green dye - it's ok though, there's some place called "furr" in newtown that sells green dye. I guess newtown is the place for these things :p

Rainie said:
By semi-permanent, are those the ones they fade after x amount of hair washes? =S well, it'll depend on the brand of hairdye your hairdresser used. But generally, if it's over bleached hair, mine actually lasted for a year and a bit (providing if you don't cut your hair)
yep that's semi-permanent. Couldn't see exactly what the hairdresser was using, schwartzkopf something I think, I should probably ring them back and ask! One year...that's pretty damn good! The salon didn't give me anything, but it sounds like I got the same applicator as you so hopefully my colour will hang in there...

Rainie said:
Hmm, you don't have to stay away from siwmming pools, just wear a cap to swim. That's what I do
ahh phew!! I'm a regular swimmer and I was thinking I'd have to lay off it for a few weeks

Thanks again!

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
why would u even do that to ur hair, it sounds ugly as

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)