harsh teacher marking (1 Viewer)

jenii14

HSC
N/A
We have two advanced English teachers, my teacher marks really easily while the other teacher marks very harshly. So far I've been marked by the harsh marker and our marking has been very inconsistent. I used to be top 5, but now I'm like 11th. Plus both teachers don't like each other and don't communicate about this issue. Does nessa consider this because it's sort of unfair?

quickoats

HSC
In short, NESA doesn't consider stuff like this in their moderation process - they only use the set of marks that your school submits to them, and moderate them according to HSC standards.

If you feel that you have been marked unfairly, your school should have some sort of assessment committee where you can raise your concerns.

Also note that it's not uncommon to fluctuate ranks, especially in larger and more strong cohorts. If this is the case, don't be too worried about movements in your ranks as your cohort is likely to have clustered performance in the actual HSC.

jenii14

HSC
N/A
In short, NESA doesn't consider stuff like this in their moderation process - they only use the set of marks that your school submits to them, and moderate them according to HSC standards.

If you feel that you have been marked unfairly, your school should have some sort of assessment committee where you can raise your concerns.

Also note that it's not uncommon to fluctuate ranks, especially in larger and more strong cohorts. If this is the case, don't be too worried about movements in your ranks as your cohort is likely to have clustered performance in the actual HSC.
Thanks! there isn't cause the head teacher only cares about her class and our teacher literally doesn't teach us content and we realised we didn't learn stuff before our trial. The class is trying to bring it up next term, but with a term left there isn't much point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)