Has anyone had conflicting subjects in their timetable? (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hi guys,

My preferred timetable for sem 2 might have a conflicting tute and lecture. Essentially, I plan to attend the first half of the lecture and go to my tute after. I will then catch up with the lecture on ilearn.

I was wondering if this is permissible. Am I allowed to have my timetable like this? If so, has anyone had one and what are your thoughts/experiences on it.

And btw, does ECON110 record lectures?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Last semester I had two lectures that were conflicting. I just attended the one that was not recorded. Nobody said anything to me regarding the clash. I'm guessing it would be the same regarding a classing tutorial and lecture (provided the lecture isn't compulsory).

Just be careful regarding the assessments. You could end up in a situation where you might have an assessment due in the lecture and tutorial. You won't be able to know where it's possible until the outline comes out IMO.

ECON110 does record lectures.

Last edited:

rayy_bann

HSC
Last semester I had two lectures that were conflicting. I just attended the one that was not recorded. Nobody said anything to me regarding the clash. I'm guessing it would be the same regarding a classing tutorial and lecture (provided the lecture isn't compulsory).

Just be careful regarding the assessments. You could end up in a situation where you might have an assessment due in the lecture and tutorial. You won't be able to know where it's possible until the outline comes out IMO.

ECON110 does record lectures.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about for the lectures! I know from last sem's lectures and past year's ECON110 lectures every assessment is done IN-CLASS (tutorials). So that would allow me to skip the lecture. But I don't know if that is going to be the same this sem.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
ECON110 has assessments inside the lecture. Last semester we had two tests. You also have quizzes due within the tutorials.

rayy_bann

HSC
ECON110 has assessments inside the lecture. Last semester we had two tests. You also have quizzes due within the tutorials.
Oh ok! I'll just then change my Accounting tutorial to make sure.

I guess having 4 uni days instead of my current 3 will be alright :L

Do you know when we can change our timetables yet? (as estudent is not allowing us to)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I have no idea to be honest. I really want to make some changes to mine but it doesn't allow me to yet :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)