Has anyone noticed some BoS Premium resources are copy-pasted? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I was reading one of the Chemistry ones, most of it seemed fine but some paragraphs had horrible spelling and grammar and used really simple language. So I Googled some lines and yeah... the one I was reading was pretty much copied word-for-word from Wikipedia...

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
People pay for things on the Internet?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Fuckin' this is why I don't buy things that are on the internet and will never be delivered to me.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
As far as I know, premium resources are made up of other students submissions

HSC
Uni Grad

Polyhydroxyalkanoates or PHAs are linear polyesters produced in nature by bacterial fermentation of sugar or lipids. They are produced by the bacteria to store carbon and energy. More than 150 different monomers can be combined within this family to give materials with extremely different properties.[1] These plastics are biodegradeable and are used in the production of bioplastics.
They can be either thermoplastic or elastomeric materials, with melting points ranging from 40 to 180 °C.
The mechanical and biocompatibility of PHA can also be changed by blending, modifying the surface or combining PHA with other polymers, enzymes and inorganic materials, making it possible for a wider range of applications.
In response to problems associated with plastic waste and its effect on the environment, there has been considerable interest in the development and production of biodegradable plastics. Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) are polyesters that accumulate as inclusions in a wide variety of bacteria. These bacterial polymers have properties ranging from stiff and brittle plastics to rubber-like materials. Because of their inherent biodegradability, PHAs are regarded as an attractive source of nonpolluting plastics and elastomers that can be used for specialty and commodity products. The possibility of producing PHAs in large scale and at a cost comparable to synthetic plastics has arisen from the demonstration of PHA accumulation in transgenic Arabidopsis plants expressing the bacterial PHA biosynthetic genes. Synergism between knowledge of the enzymes and genes contributing to PHA synthesis in bacteria and engineering of plant metabolic pathways will be necessary for the development of crop plants that produce biodegradable plastics.

HSC
Uni Grad
The Wikipedia part is a bit different because the resources were written in like 2002 and the Wikipedia article has changed since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)