• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and exam papers on our Notes & Resources page

HAST for Girraween? (1 Viewer)

Audous

HSC
N/A
Does anybody know how the HAST for Girraween looks like, is it just logic based questions, things you can't prepare for. I'm in year 9 right now, trying for year 10, I want to at least get on the reserve list to actually make sure I accomplished something, lol.

nesco49

HSC
As you probably know, the HAST is split into math/science, writing, reading and comprehension, and general ability. The math and science part is basic, you just need to get your basic skills down. In the writing, you can pretty much write anything, they just give you a quote to write about, so it could be a creative or an essay or whatever. The reading is straight forward, I suggest reading questions first then the text to save time. The general ability is just looking for patterns and choosing the next part. I wish you the best of luck :D and if you don't make it for year 9 and ten, try for year 11 (I transferred this year) because it is so much easier to get in as they accept at least 20 new students. It really is an amazing school

DJYeetz

HSC
How good do you have to get in the mathematical reasoning test since my year's enrolment test was mainly science and I got the last 3 questions wrong due to the guessing them. I feel like I did really good in the other tests though.

P.S Some People changed their mathematical reasoning answers during abstract, does girraween take like photos beforehand of your answers during break. I didn't since I believe in karma but yeah.

MomoMasala

HSC
N/A
As you probably know, the HAST is split into math/science, writing, reading and comprehension, and general ability. The math and science part is basic, you just need to get your basic skills down. In the writing, you can pretty much write anything, they just give you a quote to write about, so it could be a creative or an essay or whatever. The reading is straight forward, I suggest reading questions first then the text to save time. The general ability is just looking for patterns and choosing the next part. I wish you the best of luck :D and if you don't make it for year 9 and ten, try for year 11 (I transferred this year) because it is so much easier to get in as they accept at least 20 new students. It really is an amazing school
Hello,

Could you please advice on what I should be doing in order to get a placement. Also how were you in terms of your reports and other academic achievements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)