• Coming soon...a Bored of Studies school holiday event for 2020 HSC students
    Watch this space!
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HAST- Selective Application Year 8-12 (1 Viewer)

hstb_

HSC
and yes can I please have your google drive collection lmaoo

dem()sthenes

HSC
Btw I'm attaching my year 7 stuff anyways, it could be the difference between getting in or not.

Tribunal

HSC
Hello guys, I(year 9 currently) will be sitting the HAST exam for Girraween High and Penrith High this year (they changed to exam) and I would like to know if there is any tips and past experiences.

For the supporting documents part of the application, I don't have the year 7 Naplan results because I couldn't sit the exams due to an injury that required surgery and the year 9 Naplan was canceled due to COVID. Is the Naplan results a very big part of the selection process? I don't have much extracurricular activities. At my current school Im a junior leader(SRC) and a part of a program called Enviro-club. I was dux of year 8 with all A's except 1B. In competitions, I got distinction in AMC, top 10% in Math Olympiad, history mastermind semi-finalist, commendable in REACH English, regional finals for Tournament of Minds.. For sport, cross country zone team. Is my application alright?
Shittt. You're definitely gonna get in

Tribunal

HSC
I have no hope lmao, because they consider the exam more than your supporting documents, and I didn't do too well last yr
But with the those stats you should try out for baulko or even Sydney boys

hstb_

HSC
But with the those stats you should try out for baulko or even Sydney boys
I put Baulko down as 3rd preference. I had an injury that stopped me from playing sport for a while so there is no way i can get into Sydney Boys, they consider sport a lot + it's too far

Tribunal

HSC
I put Baulko down as 3rd preference. I had an injury that stopped me from playing sport for a while so there is no way i can get into Sydney Boys, they consider sport a lot + it's too far
oh sad, but your stats are still amazing

Tribunal

HSC
Thank you! How is your application going fo your schools? Ive seen some of your threads.
lol, I ain't as freakin smart as you guys, but my application is going okay. I am trying out for Normanhurst boys and North Sydney boys, mainly because I suck at HAST tests, cause I tried out for girra and got a 70 percentile, and I honestly found the HAST test hard. Also, I don't want to talk about my application🤣🤣. I literally have only a bit of extra-curricular activities like debating, public speaking zone, I won some catholic tennis thing in my district last year. Before last year I got to tennis reigionals. I have only one national award which was some English competition, but yeah nothing much. I really wish I did more tests like you guys, but idk how to do ICAS tests in a catholic school, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)