Headings in legal essay (1 Viewer)

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Hello

Could someone please explain to me the how to include the headings for a legal essay?

I have consulted the Australian legal citation booklet but I still don't understand..

I am sure it is fairly obvious!

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Just follow whatever the requirements for the essay are. When I wrote my essays I used to just use the same font/size as everything else, but put it on a seperate line and bold it. Nothing fancy, but it was clearly a heading.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its in the guide (if you are following its formatting as well) I think its small caps for the first level of headings cant remember what it was for the second...but I have also handed essays in where I have just bolded or underlined the headings and havent heard anything negative either way. Just make sure its distinguishable from the body

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the replies.

I have read the citation guide and I still don't understand. I handed in the essay with headings that were in bold, same font, in capital letters...Guess we'll see what happens!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Do you not understand the format for legal headings, or do you not understand how / when to use headings in a legal essay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)