Health of Young people (1 Viewer)

sxc_elle

HSC
ok i need help..for the second part of the question..the 15 mark one..when it asked for "developmental aspects that impact on the health of young people"...instead of talking about: revising roles within relationships, clarifying self-identity etc etc i misinterpreted the question and wrote about "the nature of young people" - in terms of - motivations, values, sociocultural background,etc etc.
so basicaly i wrote about the wrong part of the syllabus..so now im really cut..just wanted to know out of a possible 15 marks what people think i could potentialy get?

Thanks

Kat Food

HSC
Oh, man i hated this option and i hated the fact that we had to study it. The 'slack' people of the class wanted to do it, and majority rules. And they all ended up hating it anyways.
And i hated the questions, especially social action! that was yuck. i babbled on with crap. i had no idea.
For the developemtnal thing i talked about motivations, values, developmental stage (physical/mental) and support networks. i was gona talk about relationships, and now i dont know why i didnt, coz i had heaps of time left over.
Overall, i thought it was a really good exam, no tricks or heaps hard questions.

i dunno what you'll get outa 15, depends on what everyone else did. Coz if everyone esale did the same thing they'll readjust the marking criteria (which is what my teacher said). So if you and me did the same thing, hopefully everybody else did as well!

Terumoto

HSC
I think most people had trouble with that option. For me, they were the hardest two questions in the exam, since I didnt get to study health of young people at all pretty much.

I SKIPPED the social action question. If I had time, I would have BSed some crap, but I read it and just went, K, ill leave that and the next one last.

Luckily I remembered a few of the syllabus points for question b and when I checked afterwards I found they were correct, but I had nowhere near 15 marks worth of stuff.

I think many people went bad in this option, so it'll get scaled accordingly. Hopefully? One guy in my class actually gave up learning health of young people, since it was so ####, and went with sports med even though we didnt do it in class.

HaBibi~

HSC
N/A
yeah well i started writing about how socio economic status, education and physical environment impact upon the development of young people....yeah...band 6 for sure!

j-e-n

HSC
Yeah YP was really hard. In fact both my options were a bit of a bitch. Most of my class thought it was difficult too so dont worry about putting the wrong stuff . I bet most of the state did the same thing. Luckily we did heaps of developmental aspects in class just before the trial and it was acutally in our trial. so hopefully ill be ok.

however social action im like ahhhhhhhhh. i knew what it was and that it was the last thing in the syllabus but i had no idea what to put in an answer. eeeek.

so yeah im really hoping that our marks get scaled compared to the other options other wise were basically screwed

TamikaD

HSC
Hey Katherine! :D

I chose HOYP and Im not 'slack' but yes, I did hate it in the end anyway! :p

labasai

HSC
Kat Food said:
Oh, man i hated this option and i hated the fact that we had to study it. The 'slack' people of the class wanted to do it, and majority rules. And they all ended up hating it anyways.

dude, there was nothing stopping you from studying a different option! i was the only person in my class studying hoyp, while everyone else did sports med, sure it was a lil extra work but i did what i wanted and didnt complain about it. if you hated it that much you should have done something else, or maybe you were just too slack to get off your arse and teach yourself something

Kat Food

HSC
Yes, although the HOYP is considered to be an 'easier' option by markers, i was just having a post exam bitch.. my class isnt really slack. Give me a break!
(Hey Tamika!!)
Yes, Lasasai, you are totally right, i could have learned another option. However timing factors lead this to be near impossible. It would have also been stupid of me to learn a different option as my teacher provided LOTS of material. It just didnt mesh well with me. So i guess i was blaming others for what i didnt learn. Happy?
all the best for any more exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)