Hehe.. this site getting mentioned on smh.. interesting (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
That is flawed... a question... how many people's english teachers advised them to learn one general essay... my teacher certainly didn't but it seemed like a common practise... so you can't blame sites like bos, teachers who endorse that method of examination preparation and the board of studies' english syllabus in itself are the two main contributing factors.

Reply to this message (http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21213) and we will see how much memorizing essays pays off.

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mmm did u try clicking instead of copy and pasting..
it basically says someone got 89 in english cuz they memorised an essay off a site like boredofstudies.. and wrote it in the hsc.. cuz the questions are basically the same every year
mmm yeh they say its been pulled down.. but it hasnt
even if it does.. im saving notes and stuff now

bong

HSC
Top student David Yang, 17, from Sydney Boys High, who achieved a score of 89 in his English HSC, said many students memorised the essays "and just pump it out".

"It's very predictable, it's pretty much exactly the same question," he said. "You would be stupid not to."

holy fuck! haha, its yang!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Maybe they visited the site during a heavy traffic time (e.g. yesterday) and couldn't get on so they thought it was pulled down?

bong

HSC
lol, or maybe they were tryin to spice up the story :p

T

timbk2

they cant be that stupid. if anything, it will make more people visit the site, cause they want to see if its actually been pulled down.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh i was talking about the grammar thing with my cafs teacher
she said that because of msn and email etc people are becoming lazy..
once in an exam someone was using so much shorthand.. one of their sentences was
"n so she sez brb"
this is like a year 8 kid but if they cant write properly from a young age, what hope is there for the future

bong

HSC
desperate writer? :D

can we expect this to go up on a current affairs? LOL

oh, i couldnt log onto the site... but only for a short period, 5-10 minutes, dunno about anyone else.. arnd 9-10am? cant remember exactly,

T

timbk2

its being delayed. There's heaps to expect from this site soon. we didnt want to spoil the party too soon... =)

Winston

HSC
I think it is a little highly impossible to create a nice piece of english work in such little time even if you knew a text off by heart, they need to take into account of slow writers, and some people probably write extremely well but they need that additional time to brainstorm and lay it out a little bettter, so i believe the only ever way is to prepare it and have something in your mind to write, even some teachers said if you're a good english student you can "remember" another text i mean that's just a load of shit, they really have redefined english, it's more so if you got good memory and you can regurgitate well then you're good at english. Yes i admit there are quite a few naturally bright english students but majority rely on regurgitation which doesn't quite fit into english at all!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)