help am i going to lose 10 marks?? really scared (1 Viewer)

Peanut11

HSC
I didn't state which journey i was doing in the creative task!

it was all about a grandma who gets in a taxi and travels by plane to sydney from india which is quite obviously a landscapes journey but will they take away marks coz i didnt specify?

After all the question was 'write a story to contribute to ONE of these topics'

===( what dyu think theyll do???

i am so scared

Vuki

HSC
Don't worry about it.

If it was an article then perhaps they would've docked some marks. But not 10. Don't fret, go study for modules like I should be :).

Peanut11

HSC
thanks

it was a story

i just went straight into it

oh well

i guess my life ends here

=(

J

jhakka

Mine was personal reflection, and I specified what I was doing... twice.

Peanut11

HSC
suspense

thats exactly what i thought.. they didn't say

'write a story ENTITLED this or this or this'

i dunno

i think i was pushing it!

good luck with modules i better go study

good work jhakka

coroneos

dont worry guys.. i rang up BOS and they told me that the markers will determine at their own discretion which focus area u chose 2 do 4 creative writing task.

J

jhakka

Has anyone seen Rat Race? They took the journey of the heart quite literally. :D

maatsby

left on the floor
HSC
N/A
as long as its obvious which one u were doing.. i didnt state it but mine was obviously journey of the heart cos the dude was looking for love in far away places.

Happeninchick

Gilmore Girl
HSC
Just a question - Did you have to state somewhere in your reponse "Journey's of the heart." All I did was my character stated something like "My journey will continue on within my heart blah blah blah." Do you think that they may understand what statement I used?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i wrote it as a heading.. and i referred to it in my story.... i dunno.. i spose they can guess :confused:

*mememe*

my journey involved this kid walking for 1 km in the jungle. That wouldn't be considered as jouney across land scape wuld it?

miffytoki

HSC
i don't think it'll matter if u didn't specify...cos the question just said one of the headings....the markers kinda want to give u marks so they'll prolly just fit it in somewhere....

mine was a bit gay...titled it "flying across proverbial landscapes" (i sorta assumed this title would give away what heading i was writing for) ...it was about a boy who took an imaginative trip as a fly....he eventually gets eaten by a frog but stays alive in it's body and eventually the frog gets disected in a science class and the fly is set free again only to be squashed by a boy in the class...

bundyy

HSC
Hang On, Everyone Is Confuzzled!!!

Listen guys.. you seem to be focusing on the wrong part of the question here... ok, the board of studies determines which of the three you chose (landscape, heart or time) HOWEVER... the whole purpoe of the task was to write an IMAGINATIVE PIECE... not a CREATIVE PIECE... so it should have conatained non-realistic contingents throughout, as well as reference to the inner journey (for journey to the heart), imaginative journey (for journey in time) or physical journey (for journey through landscapes).. GOOD LUCK GUYS XX

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
hold on, so the whole purpose of the creative writing section was to be imaginitave and not creative????
by being creative, you would have to be imaginitive......i think ur reading to much into it

S

Shuter

No he's rather right, it did say imaginary rather than creative. That's why I scrapped my previous trial idea of a magazine article of a woman climbing mount everest, in favour of a new story.

And also I think they other key part you're forgetting, is in the ruberix it said "Use your understanding of journeys to compose a peice showing that you understand the concept of the journey or blah blah".

This means that the story must have some sort of MEANING or MORAL LESSON or something gained from the journey. As all our studies have been of how journies always change people or have an effect on people.

That's why in my lame ass story I had a guy who wanted to be a knight then once being transported there in a dream, found it wasn't as good as he'd hoped so when he woke up again he no longer wanted to be a knight. The characters in your story must somehow CHANGE or grow due to your story. It can't simply just be an entertaining story, as this will only get you like 9/15.

superbird

HSC
well i wrote about the journey of a snail through the garden...come on that is imaginative! :p
the snail comes across obstacles such as kids playing in the backyard, rain and spiders.

neways at the end of the story i said something like "the moral of the story is this..."

i chose journey with time and used the idea of the slow snail to signify that not all journeys are as fast as we want them to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)