HELP ENROLLING COMM- 2 majors possible (1 Viewer)

HSC
im doing my 1st year of comm/law but i always want to do both accounting and finance. but i just realised i can't. i went to "My First Year Enrolment" and clicked on accounting and got these courses:

1st SEM
ACCT1501 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1A
ECON1101 Microeconomics 1
ECON1202 Quantitative Methods A
LAWS1052 Foundations of Law

2nd SEM
ACCT1511 Accounting & Financial Mgt 1B
ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1
ECON1203 Quantitative Methods B
LAWS1061 Torts

NO FINANCE! ARGH.. are these courses the norm for 1st year accounting/law peeps? anyway can i squeeze finance in? and also the myth that if you can do accounting, you'll know finance, is that true? thanks!

btw, why can't i choose a major for law? or does that come in the later years?

HSC
i've enrolled into those first sem courses.. so many people have enrolled already! btw, are those the right courses for ppl who want to major in accounting?

HSC
right now those subjects you are doing are ALL core, which means whether you wanna major in acct, finance, etc. those are required, next year youll have too pick accounting 2a, 2b etc. which indicates your heading for an accounting major. so right now dont fret, your just doing hte required subjects for all your courses

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
1. There is no major for Law

2. If you want to major in finance, you can - you'lll be starting it in 2nd year though that's all. Unfortunately you can't do both Acct and Finance with a Law degree

HSC
Minai said:
1. There is no major for Law

2. If you want to major in finance, you can - you'lll be starting it in 2nd year though that's all. Unfortunately you can't do both Acct and Finance with a Law degree
oh thanks minai! that's a bummer! SYDU once allowed comm/law ppl to do it and now everyone doesn't allow so..

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
derukureetsu said:
Can you do both Acct and Finance with a combined degree of B Comm/B Eco?
Yeh are 2 majors possible for engo/comm as well?-comm subjects start in 2nd year for engo/comm as well

drmix

HSC
N/A
STx said:
Yeh are 2 majors possible for engo/comm as well?-comm subjects start in 2nd year for engo/comm as well
u can only double major in:

commerce
commerce/arts
commerce/social science
commerce/economics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)