Help: Extension 1 Exam Format (1 Viewer)

Lucan\'

HSC
Hey guys i dont' know where else to post this thread so if anyone finds somewere more appropriate, feel free to start a new one up.

Well, the truth is, I was all good for this exam up until I looked at the past papers and realised that section One is rarely...if ever...a free for all Creative writing, contrary to what we have been taught in class.

MEANING, all year I have had this awesome 25/25 crime fiction (story) creative writing up my sleeve (actually, i lie, since the trials...), and on checking past papers (a little too late) it seems that both Section 1 and Section 2 are very similar...

except Section 1 is like a "creative" critical analysis.

I shivered when I saw questions like "You've stolen my character"...

So yeah, if anyone has any ideas as to what they think the exam would be, even though they'd probably be pointless stabs in the dark, and even if you have any tips/hints for answering these $*@%#)( weird ass Section 1 questions, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase feel free to reply.

No, like...I'm begging you.

Thanks.

-Lucan'.

riccardo_platinum@hotmail.com

SUBJECTS:
3 Unit Italian (Completed 2 unit course last year)
4 Unit English
Music 1
Business Studies
Studies of Religion 1
General Maths

(Yes. 14 units. i'm crazy...it's actually 12 though..don't ask.)

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
'You've stolen my character' is a nightmare question. The BOS actually admitted that the question was rubbish and they'd never do it ever again. Or something like that.

Usually Section 2 is a creative writing, in my experience. And the Catholic Schools trial had a creative writing, and they're awesome at predicting stuff. At least, I hope they are, as I also have a 25/25 story planned out...:D

Lucan\'

HSC
thanks man that's boosted my morale a heap.

i just want a story
pleeeeease give me a frickin' story!

Come to think of it, i should really start memorising it...woh ...shit.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
fuck memorizing a story. If you do that, you may get seriously fucked over with a very "uncreative" "creative" question... Get together a general scaffold for a story, knowing the general plot, characters and techniques you want, but keep your mind open and be prepared to use your imagination/skills in the exam room to make up something completely new. 2001,2002, and 2003 questions were far from 'free for all' and hardly 'stories' so you might have a lot of trouble adapting your story/answer to the questions. 2004 was about the luckiest year-group so... maybe they started going easy on us since last year, but I somehow doubt it.

cimbom

HSC
... i do genre as well, but elective3 speculative fiction.
maybe the creative question will be something like our short story, accompanied by our own statement of how it demonstrates the conventions of the genre. It would be pretty horrible if we had to write two responses on our texts in just two different forms.

divalux

HSC
Have you checked out past exams? We've been given a heap of practise questions for both sections...they came from the website of a past examiner althought i have no idea the exact address. Basically you should be keeping yourself covered by having more than one idea up your sleeve. Don't memorise an entire story because they can give you the introduction, end or framework. They can ask you to write excerpts then explain them. They can give you a stimulus. They can also specify the form and its not always what you planned...my strategy has been to write as much as possible and read alot so i have a billion adaptable ideas. Good luck and focus on staying flexible...

evviebaby

HSC
individual in society creative???

omg how crap is this topic? stupid 19th century pplz. does anyone have any ideas on a basic story outline i cud use? my trial was so crap i got 15/25:( and its sooooo hard to maintain a 19th century voice dammit! my email is evviebaby@hotmail.com im depsrate cos this stupid exam is on monday:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)