• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

Help for subject selection! [URGENT] (1 Viewer)

hugerthyena

HSC
N/A
Hi all, I am picking subjects for year 11 next year. I'm transferring to JRAHS and they allow 12 OR 13 units. Do my subjects have a lot of workload? I want to study overseas for university. I'm thinking of a double degree in law and music or something else. The subjects I'm thinking of:

English ADV (2)
Math ADV + EXT1 (3)
Modern History (2)
Chemistry (2)
Music 2 (2)
(11)

Thinking of (in order of preference):
Music Extention (1) [tie] Latin or Spanish (2)
Legal Studies (2)
Physics (2)
Studies of Religion 2
Studies of Religion 1

If I do Latin, then I can't do music extension, but if I do music extension then I can't really do anything else so I'm picking between Latin and Music EXT :confused: and I want to do both :cry:. My aim is to have subjects that will cater for the most amount of degrees possible so there are more possibilities for careers if I change my mind with law. But if I do law, isn't it necessary that I do legal studies, or will modern history be enough? Also, is it true that Chemistry is more useful than Physics as a prerequisite? And wouldn't Ancient History tie better with Latin?
Sorry for the onslaught of questions lol; I truly appreciate any information provided.

howyagoing12

HSC
If you really, really want to do both Latin and Music Extension then you always have the option of dropping Modern History or Chemistry to allow yourself enough units. However, I think Chemistry opens up a lot of pathways for uni. Also, a lot of your prerequisite questions can be answered if you go to a uni's website and click on a degree you want to do, and then it should have a list of the prerequisites.

vsyie

HSC
I think you should ask yourself how essential Latin is. Do you intend to use it in the future? Why do you want to do it? I think you should go with Music Extension if you plan on doing music in university, however, will you pursue music for employment?

I think Ancient history does tie nicely with Latin but it will only ever provide context, which may be understood just by searching the internet. Chemistry is probably a better prerequisite than Physics, so I'd stay with chem, as well as modern (for law).

idkkdi

HSC
Consider taking 3u English if you want to do law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)