HELP HELP ! English assessment mark (1 Viewer)

lolitaaa

HSC
OH MY GOD GUYS I got my trials and all marks back and when I added up the weighted stuff = 80% overall for English advanced. I'm so worried right now, I bombed out in trials very badly and I really want a band 6. My work is of very good quality but trials let me down. In hsc exams if I get a good mark in the English exam then do I have a chance of getting a mid band 6?? My teachers will all be depressed if I don't get a band 6 and I will be devastated because they used to always tell me how good my work is etc. What mark would I need to get in hsc for say English mark of 94? My school rank ~200

And is 94 possible for me?? I am ranked 7 out of 40 fml I know :(

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
OH MY GOD GUYS I got my trials and all marks back and when I added up the weighted stuff = 80% overall for English advanced. I'm so worried right now, I bombed out in trials very badly and I really want a band 6. My work is of very good quality but trials let me down. In hsc exams if I get a good mark in the English exam then do I have a chance of getting a mid band 6?? My teachers will all be depressed if I don't get a band 6 and I will be devastated because they used to always tell me how good my work is etc. What mark would I need to get in hsc for say English mark of 94? My school rank ~200

And is 94 possible for me?? I am ranked 7 out of 40 fml I know :(
Two "ands" in one sentence?

No

lolitaaa

HSC
I heard something where the highest mark externally is allocated to the student that ranks first internally. What is this and is this even true? Can this happen to me? I don't want my mark going to other people ?!

Just for reference, I was ranked consistently first and 2nd cumulatively, and after trials my rank was 7

HSC
I heard something where the highest mark externally is allocated to the student that ranks first internally. What is this and is this even true? Can this happen to me? I don't want my mark going to other people ?!

Just for reference, I was ranked consistently first and 2nd cumulatively, and after trials my rank was 7
The way they work out your internal marks is through the cohorts performance in the HSC exam. Your rank determines which mark you will receive as your internal, for example the person who is internally ranked 1st, will get the highest external HSC mark as their internal mark. YOU keep your external mark regardless, but external marks determine internal marks. For example you're ranked 7th. Say you get 94 in the HSC exam and thats the highest mark from your school, the person who is ranked 1st will get your 94 as their internal mark. Then, you will get the 7th highest mark that your cohort scores in the HSC exam as your internal mark. And say the 7th highest mark was like 88, then your final HSC mark would be the average of the 2 marks, so 91.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
The way they work out your internal marks is through the cohorts performance in the HSC exam. Your rank determines which mark you will receive as your internal, for example the person who is internally ranked 1st, will get the highest external HSC mark as their internal mark. YOU keep your external mark regardless, but external marks determine internal marks. For example you're ranked 7th. Say you get 94 in the HSC exam and thats the highest mark from your school, the person who is ranked 1st will get your 94 as their internal mark. Then, you will get the 7th highest mark that your cohort scores in the HSC exam as your internal mark. And say the 7th highest mark was like 88, then your final HSC mark would be the average of the 2 marks, so 91.
No, NO, no and NO

Stop spreading misinformation, this is not how it is done.

OP, we don't know how relative your school marks are to the HSC. Maybe getting an 80% in your school = to a band 6 in the HSC. We don't know and we won't know until you do the HSC. So relax.

Last edited:

lolitaaa

HSC
No, NO, no and NO

OP, we don't know how relative your school marks are to the HSC. Maybe getting an 80% in your school = to a band 6 in the HSC. We don't know and we won't know until you do the HSC. So relax.
oh lol ok. So is there an actual process or does no one know what can happen?

HSC
No, NO, no and NO

Really? Ive been told by several people... So how does it work then?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Really? Ive been told by several people... So how does it work then?

They get the highest and lowest internal marks, and then align those to the highest and lowest external marks. Eg. If the high/lowest internals are 90 and 40, and the high/lowest externals are 80 and 40, the internal marks are aligned to 80 and 50. For everyone in the middle, it's the gaps between the marks that matter. If the 2nd ranked internal is 89, then their aligned internal would be 79 because the gap between them and first is small. If the 2nd ranked got 65, then the aligned internal mark would be 60 because the gap is large between first and second.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on how harsh your school marks, historical performance of past cohorts may provide some kind of adequate data?

Still possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)