HELP history and memory (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Ok, I'm having a panic attack thinking that I have totally stuffed up the q on history and memory. In the exam I thought I was doing really well, I wrote heaps (for me) on the relationship between history and memory, I kept up the speech form and involved the audience, I critically discussed the ways in which Carey uses True History of the Kelly Gang to invert traditional ideas of "fiction" and brought in other texts....

Then I got home and re read the question. Not once in my essay did I ever talk about the WHY part of the question, in the second line. I just missed it somehow.

Is this going to mean I can't get any marks for this section? Or that I can't get good marks? Somebody who did Ned Kelly PLEASE tell me what you focused on, I'm stressing out majorly. :eek:

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
gems the lesson here is:

NEVER REREAD THE QUESTION.

seriously, did u mention at all that carey gives ned a voice of his own? that would count.

ChRiS_2004

I Did Ned

hey there.
I was so happy with this response i had used the use of appropriation and the kelly vernacuilar as a vechile for carey's new History with the collection of memory from the appropriation of hsis text. If you know what i mean. LOL. But i also took the question and decided that i would characterise the keynote speaker to be Peter Carey. I hope that would be cool. I used how his vision was to create a new version of history through the vision of NED KELLY. And spoke about that through the speech.

omg_a

HSC
argh freaky smart people stressing, makes me stress!!!!

breathe...breathe...

ok gem what a did..... (drum roll)

i did blurb on history vs memory, how dif theories (post colonial, feminist, post structuralist etc) influence way we view texts and memory. then i went into true history, a paragraph on careys purposes (ie recreate history from colonised perspective, create a sympathetic hero in nk) then went into analysis of how he did that. same for 2 supps, but not as much depth. BUT my problem was i fell a bit essayish in the middle, it wasnt optimumly shouting SPEECH!!

so i mentioned purposes, but didnt focus on them. you will definitely be able to get good marks if the rest is good, but for this section you may not be able to get top band ie not 20, 19, 18. but that's my totally uneducated guess.

big hugs sweetie!!

the questions

gemita said:
Ok, I'm having a panic attack thinking that I have totally stuffed up the q on history and memory. In the exam I thought I was doing really well, I wrote heaps (for me) on the relationship between history and memory, I kept up the speech form and involved the audience, I critically discussed the ways in which Carey uses True History of the Kelly Gang to invert traditional ideas of "fiction" and brought in other texts....

Then I got home and re read the question. Not once in my essay did I ever talk about the WHY part of the question, in the second line. I just missed it somehow.

Is this going to mean I can't get any marks for this section? Or that I can't get good marks? Somebody who did Ned Kelly PLEASE tell me what you focused on, I'm stressing out majorly. :eek:
I did EXACTLY the same thing!!! Got home and read the question, just a touch too late!
I did the Fiftieth Gate though and I hope they extrapolated the "why" in my essay even if i didnt emphasise it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)