Help I Need To Make A Model!!! (1 Viewer)

barry1

HSC
dear BoSers

At my school i've got a Human Story Assignment due this week. One of the questions says:

Create a model to demonstrate how DNA-DNA hybridisation is used in determining the relationships between organisms??

I still don't get DNA hybridization at all!!! and I have to do this stupid thing lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) as in the steps of DNA-DNA hybridisation and how it determines the relationship between organisms!!

P.S. I will post my model up when its done :p

brenton1987

HSC
N/A
DNA-DNA hybridisation is the process of taking a single strand of DNA from one species and combining it with a single strand of DNA from a second species. If the two species are closely related their DNA will be similar so the two strands of DNA will join together reasonably well.

If you take strands from two distantly related species the genomes will differ greatly so hybridisation will be limited.

barry1

HSC
thanks Brenton, I eventually figured it out from my other friend who are doing the assignment at school. Your overall understanding of dna-hybridisation is correct :) I'll put up my model of DNA this weekend =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)