HELP! Macq vs. ACU vs. ND! (1 Viewer)

mam_2011

HSC
N/A
Ok so I am looking to transfer into a b teaching (primary) at one of these uni's (Macquarie, ACU or Notre Dame) because I currently hate my degree blah blah. Anyway, I have no idea where to go... ACU is apparently renowned for its teaching courses, although I am not too keen on going there. Notre Dame gets a pretty bad rap to the point where a teacher I know told me not to go there because it would be hard to get a job after (although I love their course as it has so much professional experience). While Macquarie only offers primary teaching as a double degree with hardly any prof. experience, and not to mention I would have to do additional study after to be accredited to teach in Catholic schools (which is what I want). Although, something tells me that Macq has the best reputation of all my options and therefore the best job opportunities...

Anyway, long story short I need second (un-biased) opinions on which of these courses would be the best... Thanks :)

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad
I go to Macquarie, but think you should go to Notre Dame or even Acu. A degree is what you make of it and if you ever feel you need more knowledge you can always return to university for a Masters. Getting decent experience is adament to what you do in your first job- remember that a lot of teachers don't start out as permanents but as casual teaching assistant or they don't get to teach at all and get put as library monitor or school's counselling assitant or w/e it is.

I know for a fact that schools tend to more often hire teachers that had placement at their school and Acu caters their degree specifically for teaching in Catholic schools, and idk about NotreDame but if it also does this, its a better option.

A side fact for you is maybe you like to gain more knowledge, because teachers that graduate in a 4year teaching degree gets more than a 3years- Therefore at USYD doing a teaching degree with arts may very well help you move on if you feel teaching is not for you. Teachers get an increase in Salary of 5k/year and this maybe more or less for Catholic schools, But if you favour getting out of uni asap and make money then just choose the 3year degree.
(Source:memories of personal research, may have changed)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
didn't read anything except thread title and I say Macquarie is your obvious choice

if you're not a brain dead retard, you can get a job as a teacher but be prepared to travel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)