• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help me (1 Viewer)

andy89

HSC
hello im a drama student and am having HUGE troubles in finding a suitable monologue for my major work. I was wondering if anyone has or comes across a comedy monologue for a male to perform...please let me know
cheers

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
well i cant say i have seen anything like that lately, but okay...where have you looked previously? Plays, films, monologue books, novels? Not even that, maybe just any other sort of stimulus material? (articles, short stories etc)...anything can be the basis for your piece. If you have been looking allll this time and still havent found anything then ur preferences are probably v. specific/picky - in which case u might just want to write ur own if u realllly cant find anything. Do you know what u want to do? because at this stage u ought to have at least some idea. a guy in my class is taking his monologue from 'the producers', that might be an idea for you...does it have to be comedy? would you consider a serious piece? *sigh* im sorry mate, i dont really know how to help you besides that :( two things though:
1. There are v. few monologues out there that run for 6 to 8 minutes without any alteration. Keep that in mind. and
2. The internet is generally not a good source, try to steer away. good luck, and dont spend too much time now looking, you have to get ur teeth into something.

butterflyxx

HSC
i had trouble as well, but i had to pick one so i picked the one that i thought would be good and worked on it.

i think by now, you're gonna have to pick one that you might relate to and alter it to make it tops. if you're still looking around for 'the one' then there's no way you can find one in time.

goodluck :)

HSC
yeaaa butterfylxx is rite just at the moment pick a good one and fix it up or else u will never be able to make up ur mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)