Help PLease for Yr 11 subject selection. (1 Viewer)

JoannaS2

HSC
Hello, i'm not sure about which subjects to pick for next year.

I was thinking about choosing:

- 3u Maths
- 3u English
- Chemistry
- Economics

and either biology or physics.

I know that biology has low scaling, should i do it anyways? Or should i just do physics because it has higher scaling? Then get the ATAR that i want then do a bridging bio course in uni? I an aiming for a ATAR of 99+.

Very confused. Anyone doing bio or physics who wants to give advice?

What subjects are you guys choosing for next year or have already chosen?

Thanx

HSC
I don't know many courses that have Bio as required knowledge. Physics is a prereq for a lot.

BUT

Please don't do subjects for the scaling. Its not worth it. Pick the subject that you'll enjoy more, or be the most confident in.

JoannaS2

HSC
I don't know many courses that have Bio as required knowledge. Physics is a prereq for a lot.

BUT

Please don't do subjects for the scaling. Its not worth it. Pick the subject that you'll enjoy more, or be the most confident in.
If you plan to do medicine, don't you need to know about biology? Whats courses in uni require physics?

ajay098

HSC
If you plan to do medicine, don't you need to know about biology?
u dont need bio to do med in uni but it's recommend.

i personally do all three sciences. alot of people just do phy and chem cos of better scaling. math/eng/eco/phy/chem= typical combo for most selective school kids.

Both bio and phy are memory work, more so bio however physics involves some math. It depends wat u are gud at, grab a bio and phy book and sit down. read it and c which one u like better. in the end, it depends on how well you perform not wat subjects u do.

:eek: gud luck

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Bio is recommended knowledge/prerequisite for med, but they basically teach all the anatomy etc that you need to know.
Physics is also recommended knowledge/prerequisite for lots of courses, but it's pretty much useless (4U maths is much more useful than HSC physics).

So basically, choose the subject that you'd like to do more - this way you're more likely to perform better. But if it's pretty much even, do physics because it has better scaling :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)