**HELP** really confused about scaling and my UAI (1 Viewer)

ksyu

Here are my HSC Marks:

English Advanced: 85
2U Chinese Continuers: 92
Chinese Continuers Extension: 43
Geography: 84
Biology: 80
2U Mathematics: 72

Total: 420

My subjects can't be scaled that bad right?
I only recieved a UAI of 85.65!

I have a friend (from same school) achived 379, but does 4u Maths (and his other subjects are pretty similar to mine)
but achieved a higher UAI... but I beat him by 41 marks! this is crazy! plssss help....

ksyu

but still its 40 odd marks thou... T___T

i should of done 3U maths then....

i feel really down and jipped... i expected a high 80's uai....
now i can't even make it into my first preference.....

xanthanotus

HSC
lol..cant make it into your first preference thats why you get another 8 lol..feel sorry for those who wont even make it in to their 9th perference!

ksyu

i think you've got a wrong understanding.... the marks reflect how much effort you have put into your hsc... and i posted this thread jus as a question... but is it worth ringing the uac to querey my UAI?

Thank You

tro

the UAI doesn't reflect how much effort you have put into your hsc at all you arrogant twat.

For those ppl that put their heart and soul into their work for subjects like Design and Tech and Visual arts and put all their effort into it and may have got 85-90 but still ended up with 65 UAI or 70 how does that reflect the effort you gave your HSC?

I hate people like you. You are the reason why ppl get so emotional over wat mark they get if its low because for the next 3 years they are branded dumb or didn't put any effort in.

85 UAI what are you whinging about? i have friends who havn't got any of their preferences now.

Last edited:

JRasnier

i am one of them, that hasnt got any of there preferences.....and i tried dayum hard too....was getting 40s for english ended up woirking my butt off for it to get even just a 65

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
In my opinion effort certainly does play a part in the HSC, not entirely but without the effort there's no way of achieving a decent UAI.

A combination of effort and intelligence, as well as self-discipline - which I lacked greatly, is what the HSC is about - one cannot compensate the other.

However, one cannot say that because you have the effort, you will do well - as it seems to be implied by ksyu. The effort put in must be effective, not because you thought you spent 10 hours day studying it should mean you have to do well.

tro: People have aims in the HSC, when people fall short of their aim for example wanting to do Commerce but end up with a UAI of 85 certainly have something to feel bad about as in this case with ksyu.

But you are certainly right that at least getting an 85 will be acceptable for getting into University, whereas others may not be able to.

Try not to worry about this. Results have been released. Try to plan your future and make the best of what you got. It cannot be changed.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Cyph is absolutely correct.
===
Did you read that other thread about blindly adding HSC marks for the fun of it, by any chance?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I can see where your coming from, that definitely people have put a lot of effort into these things.

But realistically, how would the board of studies reward this effort in a way that is not biased and can be accepted state wide.

It's not that easy, plus technically if you did put a lot of effort into it, it would usually mean it's of good enough standard.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Im scared...

I do
4units english
general maths
legal studies
modern history

if I lets say do get over 90s for each subject, externally and internally, do I still have a chance to get a UAI over 90?
*freaks out now*

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If you get over 90's for each of those subjects, your UAI would be 98+ most likely.

lee_bee11

K...stressing out as well seeing as most of my subjects scale me down i think!

i do:
Soc and cult
Drama
Ancient
General Math
4 units of English

do u think if i get high 80's possibly 90's, i could still get a uai over 90????

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
of course you could lee_bee11. but apart from english, the scaling for your other subjects has been quite low over the past three years.

high 80s in all of them it should take you over 90, but aim for 90s your subjects to be safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)