• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help With Creative Writing! (1 Viewer)

Dancin Diva 06

HSC
Hi,
We have to make up our own text on journey (anytype).

But I want something different from every1 else's!

Any Idea's?

Thanks

BTW I have lots of pictures of people from all around the world which I would like to include!:wave:

Merry xmas:santa:

hannahxxx

HSC
using the pictures 4 stimulus is a great idea. I made my creative piece different to everyone else's by writing a crime fiction piece-the detective was "journeying" into the psyche of the criminal. In my trial i got the top mark in the year (15/15) for it. The teacher said part of the reason for the mark was originality. So I'd say your best bet is steer away from conventional, obvious journeys-e.g. growing up and having someone reflect on past memories. Explore a different genre e.g. science fiction, crime, gothic etc. And don't try to tell a whole story either-there's not enough time-your creative piece should just be a snap shot. It's also good to use interesting turns of phrase-e.g. an extract from my creative piece:

Kingston knew that she and the murderer had lived together too long in their mental intimacy. It was at the age of 30 that her remaining friendships began to stink of sickly-sweet chloroform. She was disillusioned. Countless days and nights projecting herself into the mind of the killer made certain activities she had once deemed to be important, irrelevant. Her thoughts and desires were already churning in cosmic synthesis with that of his own.

Lol. Read other people's creative works too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)