HELP! won't let me install audio drivers (1 Viewer)

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hey guys, im having a severe problem with not being able to install my onboard sound. im running on windows xp sp2 with all the latest updates, the latest version of the drivers (downloaded from the manufacturer site, the drivers on the cd don't work either). i only just reformatted yesterday and was able to install all other drivers successfully except for this. i can use my realtek hd audio manager and listen to the 3d sound effects with no problem, so im guessing its not a hardware related problem. the pc is only 2 months old and never had a problem with anything until now. the error that appears during the installation is "Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure!!", and then closes. other people have said they have encountered the same problem, anyone suffered from this as well and overcome it? any help would be great.

danielbardouh

HSC
what OS are you using? you might want to check and make sure ur downloading the proper driver.. i had that problem but it was coz my install shield was corrupted.. sorry mate, but just make sure ur downloading hte correct software to go with ur hardware

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
icraig88 said:
...listen to the 3d sound effects with no problem...
Meaning you can hear sound? Then I guess the hardware is being driven by the OS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)