Help! (1 Viewer)

hello10

HSC
If my predicted ATAR is currently sitting at 90 according to the ATAR calculator, is it unreasonable to want a 99 ATAR? Do you know of any success stories where people didn't do too well in internals, but end up achieving a high ATAR?

studiesofboard

HSC
I think it is reasonable since your marks from the atar calculator is predicting what you're receiving internally. However, this means that you're sitting in the 90s range meaning you may perform higher externally and you can get that 99 :)

idkkdi

HSC
If my predicted ATAR is currently sitting at 90 according to the ATAR calculator, is it unreasonable to want a 99 ATAR? Do you know of any success stories where people didn't do too well in internals, but end up achieving a high ATAR?
Depends on your school rank. If your internals look like they're at 90 in a top 10 selective school without first aligning the marks, you are probably on track for 95+, maybe higher considering that it's Asian five or something relatively high aligning.

At a rank 500 school, you can be averaging 95 in easy internals raw, but might only get to like 90 ATAR because your internals are so easy.

When putting marks into ATAR calculators, the marks that they assume these are, are your aligned marks. You have your raw internal marks being plugged in, so ofc it's not accurate. If they are aligned marks being plugged in, and your school has not severely underestimated what the aligned mark would be, then the calculator is kinda accurate.

flowerp

HSC
N/A
Using an ATAR calculator prior to when your actual HSC marks come out is not really helpful since so many factors affect your final HSC mark e.g. aligning, moderation etc. Honestly, anything is possible, so I reckon just focus on improving your school marks for now. Predicted ATARs are just that - predictions !

1-99

HSC
N/A
Which ATAR calculator are you using? Tbh they all vary quite a bit

Kurrison

HSC
Just do your best in external exams, do not worry about it. The best solution is do your best and do well in HSC that will help you get high ATAR as possible.

ahri

HSC
Which ATAR calculator are you using? Tbh they all vary quite a bit
HSC Ninja is probably the most accurate since it uses historical data. I would say the 2019 calculator is slightly inaccurate though, in my experience it overestimates your mark slightly but it's a very solid estimate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)