Henri Leconte (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Seriously what do Channel 7 see in this guy?

Please sack him :mad:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
回复: Henri Leconte

He's better than the other Australian commentators, who are keen on being as dull as possible with their oh-so-insightful commentary. "He's got to get the ball over the net". "Great shot" "Yup" "Big point". Leconte is similarly succinct but his commentary is nontrivial, his shrieks are exciting and overall he is miles ahead of the tedious commentary of the other guys. The monotonous banter of JA et al seriously sends me to sleep.

HSC
Re: 回复: Henri Leconte

He's better than the other Australian commentators, who are keen on being as dull as possible with their oh-so-insightful commentary. "He's got to get the ball over the net". "Great shot" "Yup" "Big point". Leconte is similarly succinct but his commentary is nontrivial, his shrieks are exciting and overall he is miles ahead of the tedious commentary of the other guys. The monotonous banter of JA et al seriously sends me to sleep.
this.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

stfu he's awesome

ashllis92

HSC
That masters match tonight was possibly the best game of tennis I've watched throughout the whole Australian Open...

BlackDragon

HSC

I love how he says: "Oh my god!" and "what a shot!". I wasn't watching the tennis but when I heard his enthusiastic commentry it made me want to watch.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
He should replace the monotonous Liberal Party candidate John Alexander.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Last night's match was awesome (the legends one)

debts

HSC
N/A
his commentary was a bit cringeworthy during the tsonga vs nadal match, you could tell that jim courier and the other guys had very little patience for him and weren't happy they were getting shouted over by some frenchman

shaon0

HSC
his commentary was a bit cringeworthy during the tsonga vs nadal match, you could tell that jim courier and the other guys had very little patience for him and weren't happy they were getting shouted over by some frenchman
Tsonga vs Nadal?

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Tsonga vs Nadal?
lol.

He makes the tennis a lot more exciting, as opposed to the other Captain Obvious's in the box (excluding Jim Courier, he is pretty awesome too).

shaon0

HSC
lol.

He makes the tennis a lot more exciting, as opposed to the other Captain Obvious's in the box (excluding Jim Courier, he is pretty awesome too).
what's so funny? I don't think there was a Tsonga vs Nadal match this year

debts

HSC
N/A
ah woops, brain freeze - i meant djokovic and tsonga lol
forgot andy murray was the one who played nadal

brunx

HSC
leconte better not be doing commentary on the federer v tsonga match tonight. we can do without his obvious tsonga-bias and annoying shrieks and yells mid-point. if he has to be there at least make him stfu during points.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
what's so funny? I don't think there was a Tsonga vs Nadal match this year
it's funny coz there wasn't a Tsonga vs Nadal.
I think they meant Tsonga vs Djokovic

Edit: woops bit late

ValentinesM

HSC
leconte better not be doing commentary on the federer v tsonga match tonight. we can do without his obvious tsonga-bias and annoying shrieks and yells mid-point. if he has to be there at least make him stfu during points.
agreed.
Leconte's commentary style is not very 'mainstream'. it's either you like him or you don't. Sometimes it's entertaining and provides a light-hearted side to the intense matches; other times his commentary should be more informative.

hope Justine wins =]

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Seven's commentary is just incredibly stale. Leconte is obviously biased but he loves his tennis and compared to the boring, boring Seven commentators, he is a breath of fresh air. I don't know when Seven's contact expires but give the tennis to Nine and you will see a massive difference in professionalism and knowledgeable commentary without relentless cross promotion and crossing to news instead of staying with the tennis. Unfortunately it would clash with their cricket coverage.

phinal

ohai.
HSC
He's way too biased towards Tsonga. Commentators shouldn't be biased, but other than that, it is funny to hear him commentate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)