High motabolism (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Ok,
I have a problem with my metabolism. I think it is too high. No matter how much I eat I never seem to be able to gain any weight :(. I don't think that's normal :-/

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
Ok,
I have a problem with my metabolism. I think it is too high. No matter how much I eat I never seem to be able to gain any weight :(. I don't think that's normal :-/
It has to be, because I have the same "problem"

tennille

HSC
I also have this problem. I'll eat dinner, and about 1/2 hour later, I'm hungry. I've been the same weight for about 4 years now.

I guess as you get older, it will begin to slow down.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
How tall are you MM? I was 55 kg and about 6 foot. Now Im 66 kg and about 6"1'. The extra 1 inch of growth has kind of negated the weight I gained, but oh well. I still need to gain an extra 10 kg to have some semblance of health about me. But I have a high metabolism and it's kinda hard to gain weight, especially with uni travel times (Fucking UNSW. FUCKING DIE)-- err, but yeah, eat something every 1.5 hours. Have an egg everyday. Exercise. It increases your appetite. Try tuna. Fast food doesn't work. If you have a high metabolism, fast food goes straight through you and doesn't get absorbed. It's shit. Eat something that's dense in calories. There's also the Gym + Protein option, which is pretty popular, but personally I can't be fucked. I'm sure there's some other BoSers who can offer advice relevant to this path.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I'm 5'10 and fluctuate between 56kg and 59kg.
Which is a BMI of like 17 - 18.5
Can't put on weight either. Hmm maybe I should try.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
If you're that worried, instead of eating try doing weights. Seriously.

Why are body-builders so grossly huge? OK, forget about the steroids, but doing weights and bodybuilding exercises does tend to increase your muscle mass.

I think you'd rather your extra 10kg to be muscle rather than fat, right?

-P_D

CieL

HSC
Do you think I have the same "problem" too?

I had a really bad phase in which the more I ate, the more weight I lost.. and that contributed to me shedding 8kgs within 5-6wks.. then it kinda stopped..

But my dad claimed he used to be uber skinny.. skeleton showing and crap when he was little, then his metabolism slowed down and he got fat lol then the doctor told him to lose weight, and he exercised and now he's in the normal range..

MuffinMan

HSC
vanush said:
How tall are you MM? I was 55 kg and about 6 foot. Now Im 66 kg and about 6"1'. The extra 1 inch of growth has kind of negated the weight I gained, but oh well. I still need to gain an extra 10 kg to have some semblance of health about me. But I have a high metabolism and it's kinda hard to gain weight, especially with uni travel times (Fucking UNSW. FUCKING DIE)-- err, but yeah, eat something every 1.5 hours. Have an egg everyday. Exercise. It increases your appetite. Try tuna. Fast food doesn't work. If you have a high metabolism, fast food goes straight through you and doesn't get absorbed. It's shit. Eat something that's dense in calories. There's also the Gym + Protein option, which is pretty popular, but personally I can't be fucked. I'm sure there's some other BoSers who can offer advice relevant to this path.
174cm last time I checked

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
If I had a fast motabolism I wouldn'tbe complaining. But then again, the grass is always greener.

180cm and I wiegh 68kgs. My friends described me like this once "your skinny, but your fat aswell. You have fat on you but you are skinny" LOL.

quik.

HSC
It's not that hard to put on weight, just eat.

Most people say they eat a lot, but in reality don't. Either way, if what you eat now isn't getting the job done, eat more. :]

MuffinMan

HSC
Tulipa said:
Yeah, no.

I know someone (*cough*mydan*cough) who can eat and eat and eat and won't gain any weight. In fact, normally he will lose a little bit.

It's not fair :(
I'm like that, it's not that flash, trust me

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
True, you could have a case of the "fat skinnies"

That is, be unhealthy because you either don't eat well or exercise right because you have such a high metabolism. That in turn can lead to health problems later in life.

Skinny doesn't equal healthy.

MuffinMan

HSC
I've always had a high motabolism, ever since I was little. I doubt that it'll change now though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)