High School Friends (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hi everyone!

Honest opinions... do friendships from high school last in the long run? Or after HSC does everyone just go off to uni, join the workforce, and meet completely different people / form new friends? Looking forward to hearing others experiences

sinophile

HSC
N/A
uni is shit for making friends

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone!

Honest opinions... do friendships from high school last in the long run? Or after HSC does everyone just go off to uni, join the workforce, and meet completely different people / form new friends? Looking forward to hearing others experiences
basically friendships only last if both parties put effort to preserve it, that being said the uni period is most volatile in losing high school friends but also the easiest to gain new ones

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
better than most people think

the relationships you make in high school and university have a better chance of being meaningful and sustained over those made in any following period

every following year it becomes increasingly hard to make friends due to the priorities people alot their time, social identity barriers developed within pre-existing relationships and the reduced need for friendships resulting from family formation

read: dont screw up the relationships you make during HS or university bc you might greatly regret it later

Last edited:

kendallkreene

HSC
read: dont screw up the relationships you make during HS or university bc you might greatly regret it later
This is true. I have friends from way back to primary school that I regret breaking apart from. They were all going to this one school, but I decided to go to a selective because I "got in" and thought I was better than them all, and could make better friends at a selective. Well a few years later, I found myself missing my old primary friends + the boyfriend I had, because selective school ppl can be nasty and there wasn't a strong enough connection compared to those I made in primary

mrstripedshades

HSC
you can for sure make friends in uni but my closest and i find most peoples, is their high school ones or people they knew from their time in high school.

its harder here to make friends but especially a circle or w/e at uni. the reason is because most people just carry over from high school as most people arent living on campus or moving states/far away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)