HiStOrIaNs 4 TrIaLs (1 Viewer)

blink rock

HSC
hi!!!
i have to answer a question, as does everyone else, on how history is written and how it has changed over time with varying interpretations from differing historians, etc. n e way, i chose to do herodotus, car, tactitus and marx. Are these appropriate selections? i want to focus more on ancient historians than modern coz i do ancient and i already have a backgroud!!! n e way, was just wondering if n e one has n e information on karl marx?
anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
goodluck in trials everybody!!!

blink rock

HSC
re historians

please help!!!!

i really need guidance i have a bad teacher!!! plllleeeeaaasaseeeee!!!!
thankyou!!! hehehe

X

xeuyrawp

Could you be more specific? How history is written and its interpretation is basically the whole concept of historiography.

What's your actual question? It's impossible to help when you've really helped us no end in terms of specifics.

The choice of Herodotus, Carr, Tacitus, and Karl Marx is, err unusual, but what can you do when you're given such a big question?

Herodotus and Tacitus really didn't comment themselves on the nature of history, whereas the two moderns did. This would imply that the classical historians only told history, which is untrue.

Anyway, get back with more specific questions.

blink rock

HSC
Re ext history

we havent been given the question, it is for the trials, our teacher just told us the basic outline of the section

generalsing then, seeing as i am focusing on historiiography in general, what and who should i refer to and discuss?
please help my teacher is hopeless and i have no guidance whatsoever!!!
thankyou!!

X

xeuyrawp

blink rock said:
we havent been given the question, it is for the trials, our teacher just told us the basic outline of the section

generalsing then, seeing as i am focusing on historiiography in general, what and who should i refer to and discuss?
thankyou!!
I would look over past HSC papers and the "Notes from the marking centre". I take it you're just doing Section 1 of the HSC Paper this trials? That is, not the case study?

Also, have a look at the resource section.

Like I said, it's impossible to help you, you're basically needing help with the whole section and probably need a teacher to go through the whole framework with you.

sugar_plum

HSC
blink rock said:

thankyou!!
okay dont panic, much unlike me. lol

check out the resources section, and try to ween as much info out of ur teacher as possible.
also historiogrpahy is the study of historians so obviously youve gotta know about them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)