Ho chi minh (1 Viewer)

kirslyn

HSC
I have to ask, is there a better way to structure the personality question on Ho Chi Minh then just practically narrating his entire life?
E.g The 2010 HSC asks Describe the life of the personality you have studied (10 marks)
Do i literally just brain dump his entire life? or is there a better way to structure this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I would say you could still fashion it in sections, but it is basically asking for a general narrative yes. Balance it with some early life, rise to prominence and later life. Lots of people neglect HCM's later life :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The Part a of the question is designed to allow you to really show major aspects of the personalities life but be aware of not only the dot points of the syllabus but the section headlines as the question could be specifically on say 'rise to prominence' and 'historical context'.

If it is like the 2010 paper then yes you simply tell the person's life.

Just remember that it is only a 10 marker and don't go on for too long and in too much detail (but don't give a basic timeline either) as many students write as much for this as for the 15 marker and even as much as they do for the essays - yes they get 10/10 but at the cost of mark elsewhere in the paper.

enoilgam

HSC
Although it seems easy, the 2010 question is actually quite complex. The topic is so broad and you realistically should be writing it in around 400ish words. You need to balance having enough detail with being brief given that you should be finishing this section in about 20 minutes. This is where having done many practice essays really starts to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)