• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

holiday work? (1 Viewer)

hellohowslife

HSC
yo, what should I do over the holidays? Is it worth making notes for topic 2 of business and eco to stay ahead of school? also is it more important that I finish all my term 1 notes or nah

Kyufruit

HSC
Since you’re planning to get 99+, then yes do everything you think will help you stay on top of your classes.
Im planning on finishing all modules for chem and bio, as well as all pdhpe cores. It might sound like way too much but 6 weeks of full time studying should do the trick.

Don’t forget to take care of your health though and make sure you take a break too

Last edited:

hellohowslife

HSC
Since you’re planning to get 99+, then yes do everything you think will help you stay on top of your classes.
Im planning on finishing all modules for chem and bio, as well as all pdhpe cores. It might sound like way too much but 6 weeks of full time studying should do the trick.

Don’t forget to take care of your health though and make sure you take a break too
Damn that’s a lot of work, what do you mean by full-time studying? How many hours per day is that for you?

DarkOperator618

HSC
yo, what should I do over the holidays? Is it worth making notes for topic 2 of business and eco to stay ahead of school? also is it more important that I finish all my term 1 notes or nah
honestly, first take a break for Christmas and new year. And then in January, just get stuck in
you wouldn't burn out, my family friend did this and he's making the hsc his bitch

turtle67

HSC

damnn, what modules are you up to atm?

Kyufruit

HSC
Damn that’s a lot of work, what do you mean by full-time studying? How many hours per day is that for you?
since I don’t work, I want to use all my free time doing something productive, thats what I meant my full time.

and I’m aiming for around 6-8hrs at least, though I hope I can push it to 10 a month from now.

hellohowslife

HSC
since I don’t work, I want to use all my free time doing something productive, thats what I meant my full time.

and I’m aiming for around 6-8hrs at least, though I hope I can push it to 10 a month from now.
6-10 hrs everyday??? you're gonna take a break first right? also what's your atar goal?

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC

The real question is how hard you're studying for the 10hrs, I would guess not as hard as for 8 or 6 or 4, etc. I've found that when you try to study that much consistently it becomes ineffective because you have no motivation to actually study because there is no way you could possibly want to study 8 or 10hrs a day. 8-10 hrs of study feels more like a 1 or 2 day cram type of thing rather than part of a consistent schedule to me. If you do it tho it's very impressive.

Kyufruit

HSC
6-10 hrs everyday??? you're gonna take a break first right? also what's your atar goal?
Get into med lol

I study for around 4hrs a day so its not a big change from what I do regularly.
Yeah I’m going to spend the first week deep cleaning me room, reorganising my stuff and replanning my study routine. after that it’s showtime (I’m kinda excited actually lol)

My atar goal is to get into medicine, I don’t go to a good ranking school so in order to do that I’ll have to come first in my subjects, and what’s exactly what I’m going to do 😤

Last edited:

Kyufruit

HSC
The real question is how hard you're studying for the 10hrs, I would guess not as hard as for 8 or 6 or 4, etc. I've found that when you try to study that much consistently it becomes ineffective because you have no motivation to actually study because there is no way you could possibly want to study 8 or 10hrs a day. 8-10 hrs of study feels more like a 1 or 2 day cram type of thing rather than part of a consistent schedule to me. If you do it tho it's very impressive.
I didnt do as well as I wanted for one of my assessment tasks (I got 80%), so I really want to get on top of my work and master the content (a lot of the accelerated students at my school repeated so my goal to rank first doesn’t seem possible anymore)
either way I’ll use this motivation that I have now to make myself some goals, and then I’ll just have to discipline myself. I can do it.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I didnt do as well as I wanted for one of my assessment tasks (I got 80%), so I really want to get on top of my work and master the content (a lot of the accelerated students at my school repeated so my goal to rank first doesn’t seem possible anymore)
either way I’ll use this motivation that I have now to make myself some goals, and then I’ll just have to discipline myself. I can do it.
Good luck with your goals but I'm just saying it as a heads up for you because you might not be able to study that much and you shouldn't feel bad if you can't keep up with 10hrs a day :)

Edzion education

HSC
This depends on how you learn best. Some people spend their time doing questions and essays instead of writing notes - this usually allows you to remember the content as well as develop the skills for the course. Learning ahead is also incredibly useful and will provide you with an edge. Good luck and do what works best for you.

jkjkjk

HSC
so for business next year, i'm planning on finishing 2 out of three modules that will be covered next year. good plan or no? im already half way through first module and ive barely spent time. im aiming on doing more per day in jan after the holidays and im confident i can finish all the modules (3/3) by the end of the holidays.

dumNerd

HSC
so for business next year, i'm planning on finishing 2 out of three modules that will be covered next year. good plan or no? im already half way through first module and ive barely spent time. im aiming on doing more per day in jan after the holidays and im confident i can finish all the modules (3/3) by the end of the holidays.
Why bus8ness it's a troll subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)