• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Holidays - how to prepare? (1 Viewer)

pine-apple01320

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

We've got a few weeks left of summer holidays and I was just wondering what you would recommend to do during these holidays to revise for maths - in particular extension 2? Would it be good to learn ahead and use the textbooks - which textbooks would you recommend and how long should you spend overall working? Should it be significantly more than Extension 1?

rohankk_

HSC
Hey, I replied to a similar post before, will copy and paste my response, cant link the thread for some reason

"I did a bit of this in the holidays before Year 12.

Would definitely reccommend Eddie Woo's youtube channel for all his 4u topics, he covers them very well, used him alot to self teach integration & mechanics
Terry Lee is the bible for 4u questions and comes with worked solutions aswell. He's made a new edition for the new syllabus if im correct aswell."

While I only learnt 1-2 topics in the summer holidays holidays, would definitely recommend you to try cover a larger portion of the syllabus now to save time later on.
WRT to times, 4u definitely requires a significant amount of time more than 3u but the amount of time you want to spend overall just depeds on how much content you want to cover

Enjoy & hope this helps

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Here are the 4 texts currently available:

sadler-ward.png
green-hunter.png
lee.png
fitzpatrick-aus.png

And one supposedly released next month:

joshua-le.jpeg

There may be others released later from other publishers too but no details yet.

ultra908

HSC
Terry Lee and Cambridge r the way to go for difficulty wise.
I've found my time 3u:4u is about 2:3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)