Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
im against it, although if they ever legalise it i wont be going to any protests, its not something that i particularly care about that much but i would prefer if we didnt encourage the homos.

gerhard

HSC
get rid of marriages under the commonwealth and only issue civil unions, and if you want a 'marriage' you have to go to the church. but its still the same thing really, its just a name. homosexual civil unions allowed.

everyone is happy

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
meh who cares... doesnt effect me and iam not particularly up in arms over the ethics of it so if it makes them happy to say they are married, let em... civil unions are probably a nice compromise legally... but when it comes down to it i dont think the sacredness of marriage or whatever the churchies are going on about is going to be ruined by letting homosexuals marry... i mean it USED to be a method of promoting and protecting the making of legitimate children, but nowadays no1 cares if your parents were married or not at your birth and mariage is more a form of showing your love

homos can love aswell, let em have their marriages

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
There is nothing wrong with gay people. There is nothing wrong with gay marriage.

Most arguments to the contrary are illogical and I do not see much point in this discussion.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Oh dear, not again! May I suggest that you try "Gays and Islam" for your next thread?

PS: I'm going to do my best to run this off the rails, because threads like this NEVER die.

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
neo_o said:
Oh dear, not again! May I suggest that you try, "Gays and Islam" for your next thread?
Next they'll be saying all homosexuals should be deported and state it is against the word of the koran the literal word of god while the prophet was experimenting with recreational drugs...Ouch don't want to hurt religious tolerance because the multiculturalists think gays go against all that.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i have nothing against gays, but i have something against religious people ie Christians and muslims, who hate them for the sole reason that their holly book sais so.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I'm going to critically deconstruct your post, which hereafter will be referred to as the "text".

Next they'll
They'll? Who are "they"? The Muslim Collective"? The "Muslim Cabal"? Freemasons? The Illumanti? Some other evil organisation which controls the collective thoughts of all Muslims?

be saying all homosexuals should be deported and state it is against the word of the koran the literal word of god while the prophet was experimenting with recreational drugs...
Because of the lack of punctuation I read this as, "The Prophet was experimenting with recreational drugs with gay Muslims, consequently both gay Muslims and the prophet should be deported to an unkown location. Perhaps Cuba. However, this can't be done, as it's against the literal word of God.

Ouch don't want to hurt religious tolerance because the multiculturalists think gays go against all that.
Some say that multiculturalism is gay.

SUMMARY OF YOUR POST: Freemasons, the Illumanti or a secret Islamic cabal want to deport all gay Muslims and the Prophet to Cuba, because they were experimenting with recreational drugs. Gay multiculturalists protest.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
neo_o said:
I'm going to critically deconstruct your post, which hereafter will be referred to as the "text".

They'll? Who are "they"? The Muslim Collective"? The "Muslim Cabal"? Freemasons? The Illumanti? Some other evil organisation which controls the collective thoughts of all Muslims?

Because of the lack of punctuation I read this as, "The Prophet was experimenting with recreational drugs with gay Muslims, consequently both gay Muslims and the prophet should be deported to an unkown location. Perhaps Cuba. However, this can't be done, as it's against the literal word of God.

Some say that multiculturalism is gay.

SUMMARY OF YOUR POST: Freemasons, the Illumanti or a secret Islamic cabal want to deport all gay Muslims and the Prophet to Cuba, because they were experimenting with recreational drugs. Gay multiculturalists protest.
Fuck, you had a lot of spare time to be able to come up with that shit.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i have nothing against gays
Neither do I. Being straight I don't like putting things against gay men.

but i have something against religious people ie Christians and muslims, who hate them for the sole reason that their holly book sais so.
The only real reasons I can see why you'd want to hate Christians or Muslims for this is either because:

1) You're gay

2) You've been denying yourself any form of physical pleasure for the entirety of your adult life, because you're a follower of either of those religions, and you hate it.

Anything else seems like a waste of energy to me.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Fuck, you had a lot of spare time to be able to come up with that shit.
My post was around 50 words. It wasn't easy.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
The only real reasons I can see why you'd want to hate Christians or Muslims for this is either because:

1) You're gay

2) You've been denying yourself any form of physical pleasure for the entirety of your adult life, because you're a follower of either of those religions, and you hate it.

Anything else seems like a waste of energy to me.
what the fuck are you talking about. stop posting garbage.

because you said yuor straight i conclude that your lying and your actually gay

my reply is just as stupid as yuors and doesnt make sence.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
SashatheMan said:
my reply is just as stupid as yuors and doesnt make sence.
That's a brilliant example of what many other posters here need to realise. Everyone needs to learn how to make sence (sic).

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
That's a brilliant example of what many other posters here need to realise. Everyone needs to learn how to make sence (sic).
can you lead the pack ? as yuor the first to not make sence, yuo can be the first to correct yourself

X

xeuyrawp

0o0 said:
but i would prefer if we didnt encourage the homos.
Do you seriously think that allowing marriage will encourage homosexuality?

Secondly, this thread is stupid.

I don't support homosexuality more than I support heterosexuality. That's because I've always believed that I was born gay, with other people being born straight/bi/gay/whatever as well. Yes, some people may turn straight/bi/gay/whatever due to circumstance, but I think the majority of people are born with a label. It sucks, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

That being said, I support gay civil unions because I think that as a group, gay people are now achieving much more stable relationships. The legal and social necessity to have a binding agreement legally equal to a marriage is just the next step to ensure equality.

I think the basic vibe is that if you don't like gay marriage, don't have one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gay Captain

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Do you seriously think that allowing marriage will encourage homosexuality?

Secondly, this thread is stupid.

I don't support homosexuality more than I support heterosexuality. That's because I've always believed that I was born gay, with other people being born straight/bi/gay/whatever as well. Yes, some people may turn straight/bi/gay/whatever due to circumstance, but I think the majority of people are born with a label. It sucks, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

That being said, I support gay civil unions because I think that as a group, gay people are now achieving much more stable relationships. The legal and social necessity to have a binding agreement legally equal to a marriage is just the next step to ensure equality.

I think the basic vibe is that if you don't like gay marriage, don't have one.
Hey there... Will you engage in a secular, civil union conferring legal rights similar to those of heterosexual marriage with me?

It doesn't quite sound the same, though.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
I believe the reasons for gay marriages to be legalised such as "we are in a world of change" are not logical. By that token since we are all changing, why don't we allow people to marry animals?

Homosexuality in my belief is going against the laws of nature. I don't hate homosexuals, just their actions.

Riqtay

Assistant Member
HSC
Same sex marriages has with it profound ramifications. These individuals may want to adopt kids (because they can't conceive naturally) and these children will live a life where they are degraded and jeered at.

It is not mentally healthy for a child to have same sex parents as they will be missing out on the different attributes of their parents to influence them (eg the warmheartedness of a mother and the firmness of a father).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)