Honours? (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Who else was offered honours and is anyone thinking of doing honours?

Personally I was offered: Sociology, population studies, Pol Sci/IR, contempoarary europe or history but I doubt I'll do honours. I'm already in uni for at least another 3.5 years and it would be a pain to fit the extra courses required into a combined degree.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I do Arts/Law. 5 years already. Honours for Law - MAYBE, but I'd much rather do the electives I want then do a LLM at USYD or UMELB. I take the attitude of the elitists, much rather honours or masters from Sydney or Melbourne than from the undergrad uni.

omg_a

HSC
from what i've heard from my second year friends, everyone who gets a credit average + gets one of those letters, -i got one too- but that doesn't mean you can do honours per se, you have to go through all these applications next year (if you are doing a BA), get a supervisor, have to have certain grades next year as well, so its not exactly a definite thing.

i'm thinking vaguely about law honours, but we'll see how many courses i fail. APL argh!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Whilst honours would make me sexier a combined degree already makes me pretty hot....

And omg I am aware that almost everyone is offered (in fact two of my mates were offered a day before me so I'd have been cut if i missed out) and that it is not so much an offer but a 'have you considered'. Mark wise though I have a distinction average in my arts courses.

I would consider doing honours in economics as it is no extra units just an extra lecture a week and an extra year at the end - but no thesis. In a economics pass degree you do micro and macro 1,2 and 3 in honours you do 4 and in a masters you do 5.

As far as law honours I thought you got honours (eg 1st class, 2nd... etc) based purely on your GPA with no extra work required....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)