hooz uai was unbearably close but below the uai cut-off (1 Viewer)

9odspeed

The Goat
HSC
its so incredibly frustrating. business/law at uts 97.5 for 2005. i got a uai of 97.4. how would u rate my chances for 2006

is anyone else in this situation....if so vent that anger here

rn21

HSC
i got 95.25 commerce/law at macq is 95.5

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
9odspeed said:
its so incredibly frustrating. business/law at uts 97.5 for 2005. i got a uai of 97.4. how would u rate my chances for 2006

is anyone else in this situation....if so vent that anger here
AHH!! that really suck!!!

But there's still hope... there's always second round offers+

Good luck!

HSC
she isn't pissed off (or he) about her actual mark, just the fact that the .1 in her uai might make all the difference - instead of going straight into her first preference, she may need ot do something not as interesting for a year.

As for your chances - I say wait until this years cut offs are acutally realeased. If you still fall short, go and talk to the dean - the uni should have an option day of some description. If your marks fall slightly short, but you have an excellent mark/s in subjects such as legal studies, businness (or anything relating to your chosen degree) but maybe have an not so necessary subject such as english (ok for law you would need english probably, but i just chose that as I can't stand the damned subject), so you can say it was because of that subject, your uai was lower.

Just wait, then talk to the dean

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't wait I would get to them early and start talking.

One girl I taught a few years ago who desperately wanted to do nursing at Sydney. She visited the uni about half a dozen times during Year 12 and spoke to the people in charge of nursing there.

When she got her results and realised she was 10 UAI points too low she went and talked to them again about what she could do - guess what - she was asked to get her principal (who happened to be her father so she had to get another staff member) to write a letter about her attitude and competency in subjects such as Biology - they included the breakdown in her assessment results and copies of the tasks themselves.

She got in in the first round offers because she had made herself known to them and they knew she wanted to do the course desperately.

9odspeed

The Goat
HSC
thanks chinesefireball and cem, ur comments are very reassuring.

as for the others, whats with the uneccessary criticism. just used the "hooz" to catch the eye. there is no need to act like complete dicks

and damage inc they don't decide a uai cut off for 2006. once the quota is filled up in a course the last person to be accepted and their uai becomes the cut off for 2006.

i'm only frustrated because i didn't get into my preferred course...im quite content with my uai

but thankz all the same

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im pretty sure a normal "whose" would have caught more eyes than that disgusting 'hooz'

Some_Guy

HSC
oh noes! 97.4! how incredibly unfortunate of you!

hoo else was so unlucky as this unfortunate soul?

9odspeed

The Goat
HSC
not directed to "sum guy". directed to the others that were so harsh. where is the constructive criticism. bos people can be really rude

lisun

HSC
after your experiences with some other people who prefer typing internet language as opposed to proper english, perhaps some of the idiots can conclude that one's UAI doesn't depend on how you speak over the internet, 'knobs'.

or is this nit-picking all a desperate attempt to sound wise to console yourselves after receiving your UAIs of 45

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Some_Guy said:
oh noes! 97.4! how incredibly unfortunate of you!

hoo else was so unlucky as this unfortunate soul?
The only reason why he's complaining is because he didn't get above the UAI cut-off of the course he wanted.

It's a high UAI. I'm sure he's aware of it.

lisun

HSC
...and i supose we should all just believe in the results and reject the idea of exceptions in every case of every study. Considering that the majority of the teenagers who converse with people over the internet type like idiots would you just automatically assume that all these people have low IQs?

Perhaps you could provide a link to make your statement more convincing, or is the whole 'research conducted by <insert name of prestigious university>' line another over-used come back of yours

Last edited:

Some_Guy

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
It's a high UAI. I'm sure he's aware of it.
anyone who doesnt realise that doesnt deserve a high UAI.

and do tell what the course is that i wanted but couldnt get in to?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Some_Guy said:

... How would I know?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Some_Guy said:

Different people have different standards and expectations anyway.

You think it's high but he may think it's low for someone of his potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)