How are you enjoying semester 2? (1 Viewer)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
So far so good -

MAS105 was good - course sounds pretty interesting however the lecture hall was kind of - disruptive :S

MUS102 - the guy liked to swear a lot, called 50Cent a wanker and scared the hell out of me when i first saw him

what is everyone elses impressions of their new lecturers/subjects?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I start on Thursday and I'm really looking forward to it....I think I'm just happy about the prospect of having something with a purpose to do apart from housework and updating my resume. Hope everyone's first days back have been good!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
LAW415 Dispute Resolution - Awesome lecturer, but sounds like a fair bit of work

LAW500 Litigation - Sounds like a lot of work...and sit-down final exam. Grrr.

LAW412 Criminology - It was good. Only 2 contact hours a week...and the sole academic for the unit is going to be away for 2 of those weeks.

Interesting 1st assignment, where we critically analyse (in 1000 words) a movie/a tv show/painting/sculpture/whatever as it says something about crime. I'm currently thinking one of:
Gangs of New York (Scorsese's "flawed masterpiece")
American Psycho (the book)
Blade Runner (Director's Cut)
The Proposition (aussie movie written by Nick Cave)
The Shield (Season 1)

Any other suggestions?

^___^
HSC
GoodToGo said:
Interesting 1st assignment, where we critically analyse (in 1000 words) a movie/a tv show/painting/sculpture/whatever as it says something about crime. I'm currently thinking one of:
Gangs of New York (Scorsese's "flawed masterpiece")
American Psycho (the book)
Blade Runner (Director's Cut)
The Proposition (aussie movie written by Nick Cave)
The Shield (Season 1)

Any other suggestions?
Young and Dangerous series!!!!!
Once upon time in China!! WONG FEI HUNG!

mserica

HSC
STAT170 - So nervous, didnt really like the subject and it was the first lecture.

BBA111 - Not happy Seminars are no longer on for evening students (they are now Tutorials - and there is no lecture for the evening students)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think i'll enjoy it more when i stop waking up every morning in a coughing fit. but so far so good, although the subjects still have the novelty value, which might wear off if the material doesn't evolve to more interesting stuff.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Early Childhood was good, but the lecturer didn't turn her mic down, so there was constant feedback and the lecture theatre was very stuffy (E6A T102) but the content is really interesting.
Felt weird being awake before mid day :p

HSC
N/A
Today: Day 1 :D (because I decided not to go to a 1-hr lecture for Cul202 on monday)

ARTS200 - not a bad subject, looking forward to it. Bahaha, it's shared as a "SOC231" subject or something, the BCA students are going to totally pwn the soc people in tutes though :D
Sara: "is this the right lecture theatre?"
Lynn: *looks in* "Courtney's here [fluro pink girl]. We're in the right place."

CUL207 - so so. Pleased to know that we're looking at it from a sort of artistic/pop culture/culture perspective (I bet you weren't expecting that from a cul unit). Oooh - and I'm 87% sure cpjeeves is in my CUL207 lecture. Where you wearing a purple striped long-sleeved top under a pink T-shirt today? I saw someone with really cool blonde hair that had a bit of purple in it and though of you :p

Summary: 3 x artsy subjects, 0 x end-of-semester exams, 8 contact hours in total. 1 x Lectures skipped in week 1 of semester.

We're off to a good start :D

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
accg253 - confusing
mktg20iforgot - didn't go cuz it clashes with 253. yay for ilectures!
busl320 - listened in first half, fell asleep in 2nd, but i think it sounds kinda interesting.

^___^
HSC
COMP344 - sounds like an interesting unit
COMP347 - assignment due next wk :| seems a bit hardcore
ISYS277 - hmm, lots of cramming to do when the exam comes around

*hopeful*

HSC
pb said:
accg253 - confusing
mktg20iforgot - didn't go cuz it clashes with 253. yay for ilectures!
busl320 - listened in first half, fell asleep in 2nd, but i think it sounds kinda interesting.

i guess we in the same lecture for busl320, i thought it was ok...lecturers kinda funny so entertaining enough

the rest of my lectures just made me realise what full-on subjects im going to be doing

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
mserica said:
STAT170 - So nervous, didnt really like the subject and it was the first lecture.

BBA111 - Not happy Seminars are no longer on for evening students (they are now Tutorials - and there is no lecture for the evening students)
STAT170 isnt too bad. Go to every lecture and tute, write all the answers down and that's all you need to study :)

Im loving BUSL250...finding it easy and interesting

ECON201 is hard though :( Im goin to attend lectures for this one for sure...

prusso

HSC
isys227 - fk that evening lecture my fkn god, worst room ever
bba111 - so boring, bunch of arrogant girls and metro guys
bba213 - seems good so far cept 4 the singing if ur fone goes off lol
accg105 - fk samantha sin is the worst fkn lecturer!

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
accg253 is....on 8am in teh fucking morning, and no, the thurs arvo does not fit for me, ahow about a normal time lecture, skippable

accg201 is skippable, enough said, and venkat is like everywhere, like why is he so uber cool.

Thats all thats needed. And BUSL301 I missed the first hour, lecturer is enthusiastic for once. But again, sadly Ill have to miss a couple (time clashes)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
*hopeful* said:
i guess we in the same lecture for busl320, i thought it was ok...lecturers kinda funny so entertaining enough

the rest of my lectures just made me realise what full-on subjects im going to be doing
are you in the night one? im in the night one on wed

yehh busl sounds interesting.. but it sounds hard! i hooope i can keep up this sem :|

*hopeful*

HSC
oh i assumed since u posted today u were at todays 11am lecture :s

edit: thats the one im in btw :p

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
BUSL320 lecturer rocks! He's hilarious and he seems very knowledgeable as well. Ahh, I'm quite happy abt this!

Though...gotta say, he was a bit unorganised in the first lecture .I was in his first lecture on wed afternoon... he was not even halfway thru his notes ten minutes before the end of the lecture!

but i like him :p He won some "Great Teacher Award" sthg apparently.

ACCG323's not sounding too bad either so far...very theoretical which i'm not a fan of, but the lecturer seems fine. Hopefully i won't get some dodgy ignorant lazy annoying tutor now.

Accg310 was err, average. Content seems okay, lecturer err, average.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
AND OJ FOUND ME. HE LIKE SAW ME AND CAME ON BOS AND SENT ME A PM. I FEEL E-RAPED :(.. ummmm is that legal?
Only at MQ

Tabris

HSC
ECON201, good lecturer, friend of my HS teacher, lots of work, yes, but whats required is pretty much black and white. sane familiar faces

ECON210, remember Pundarik Mukophadya (spelling) from econ111 who did the workshops? hes the lecturer in charge, at least the failure rate is not 50% compared to Peter Abelson, same familiar faces around

ECON359. environmental economics, small group (under 30) interesting material, but lecturer is from USYD. lots of unfamiliar people

LAW104, Alex Reilly, same familiar faces, work looks tough,

gonna be tough this semester, got a real bad feeling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)