How are you guys studying for geography? (1 Viewer)

theodore0307

HSC
How have you guys studied for geography? Like what has been your approach?

Thanks

J280

HSC
I did Geography for Year 11 (just dropped), but how I studied was reviewing skills from past papers/skills books and writing practice responses for different exam style short answer questions/extended responses. Skills are important to understand early on because they are essentially free marks in the MC section (aim for 18/20 at least).
Also make sure that you write concise (yes, very concise) notes of key points from the syllabus and textbook you feel that you can remember in exam conditions. This will help immensely because i found the textbook to be largely TL;DR and full of unnecessary info that you won't need for exams. Use these notes for past paper Q's.
Hope this helped, and good luck for your HSC :)

skillstriker

HSC
Here's what I did closer to my exam:
- making very summarized notes and revising over them
- making short essay scaffolds and getting them marked by my teacher
- attempting past paper questions
- attempting questions from the HSC Geography skills book (don't neglect skills)

Good luck everyone!

HSC
OH GOD I'm trying to study for Geography right now and it's driving me insane - so I've hand-written all the notes (since the topic I'm doing currently is Ecosystems at Risk,) and am going to read through them, then probably draw a mind map or something connecting links together. Highlight/colour coordinate stats, information, examples, and since I know I'm a visual learner, I plan to draw things that will hopefully help memorisation. Other than that... The struggle is real.

What did you do? How would you recommend studying? =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)