how are you studying for history? (1 Viewer)

|MiKKi|

well... if i had started id tell u!!!
honestly, im very scared about the amount of info &needing 2 learn it in such a short amount of time
ANY1 GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

ben

taking lots of risks

i mean section III and IV - there are 8 possible question, we can only choose 2 - one from each section.

So yeah, i'm studying like 3 of the topics in each period and hoping for the best!

|MiKKi|

GOOD LUCK!

that sounds like a risky thing 2 do... but iv gotn 2 d point where i may just do tha same!!!!
which electives r u guys doing?

ben

yes - it's risky - but i have no choice for the trials.

i'm doing

Egyptian Society: Ramesside period
Period: Amenhotep III -> Ramess II
Period:Greek World: 500-440BC
Personality: Akhenaten
Personality: Ramses

|MiKKi|

weird....

this is strange...
i hav found hardly any ppl doing my electives & ur doing almost all!!!
we r doing
Spartan society
Greek world 500-440Bc
Amenhotep 3- Ramesses 2 period
Ramesses and Akhenaten personalities

charlibrown

studying

Hey my ancient comrades,
I'm doing;
Spartan society
Greek world 500-440BC
Roman society (Augustus to Titus)
Xerxes.
The way I study is to write all my notes out on the computer following the syllabus. Then I print it off and highlight important bits and add stuff if I need to. It really works for me but each to his/her own.
Is anybody else finding the Greek world very difficult? The development of Athens into an empire is driving me mad! Anybody feel like they understand it enough to help me out?

|MiKKi|

well... thats wat iv done 4 notes...
BUT its the learning that HUGE amount of info that is the prob 4 me.
i hvnt finished notes on sparta n the trial in in 2 days
any1 wana offer me sum??????
:) :) :) :) :) ;)

Matt

Im struggling with the Greek World 500-440. I dont know what we should have learnt?

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
I'm doing:
Personality: Hatshepsut
Society: New Kingdom Egypt during the Ramesside Period, Dynasties XIX-XX and the Minoan Society
Historical Period: New Kingdom Egypt from Amenhotep III to the death of Ramesses II

I think the best way to make notes is to follow the syllabus points too. I haven't done it yet, but I believe it would be the most effective way to study.

ben

Originally posted by ~ForAGoodCause~

err ben,,, ur doin 5 topics! arent u only ment to do 4?
both personalities are part of one of my periods

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Ah... but we HAVE done that. Can't you see? We've done Ramessess for both our Society and Historical Period.

I think Hatshepsut is pretty interesting. 1st question of the exam too. Hehehe :D

I hope I don't answer the wrong questions in both my Trials and HSC. Hehehe. That would be stupid!

Sugardoll

Personalities: Hatshepsut, Akhenaten, Athenian women

Periods: Sequenre Tao to Thutmose IV, Amenhotep III to Ramese, Greece - time of Pericles.

Sarah J

HSC
well, I'm doing:
Augustus
The Julio-Claudians
Agrippina
Sparta
Mycenaeans.

We haven't finished the Mycenaeans yet so for the exam we have to do both the JCs and Augustus, but we covered them both so that we can choose in the HSC.

sar

We're doing:
Athenian Society in the Time of Pericles
Fall of the Roman Republic 78-28BC
Alexander the Great
Political Revolution in Rome 133-78BC

We're doing a couple of other topics as well coz our teacher wants to make sure we know enough in case some of the questions are bad. Is any one else doing these topics??

sif not 99

every1s combos are pretty interesting, I just dont get that other school are teaching more than 4 options "just in case the questions are bad". There's four questions to choose from so I dont know why you would waste time doing other options when you could have spent time doing the four in more detail.

I'm doing
Sparta as my society
Pericles as my personality
and Greek world 440-399, Augustus and the Julio-Claudians as my historical periods

ben

Originally posted by sif not 99
every1s combos are pretty interesting, I just dont get that other school are teaching more than 4 options "just in case the questions are bad". There's four questions to choose from so I dont know why you would waste time doing other options when you could have spent time doing the four in more detail.
See for our PERIOD - we have to cover the numerous personalities. two of these personalities in the amenIII->ramII period happen to be personalities of their own!

Last edited:

Sarah J

HSC
Well, Augustus And the JCs kind of mesh with Aggie. Aug & the JCs are two different topics for us. I think it's good to have options. And plus, studying all of them together made everything easier to understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)