• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How bad? (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
I just got about 7/15 for a 15% assessment.

it was my second assessment - the first one was worth 15% i got 14.3 came second in the grade.

if i ace the rest of my assessments, how detrimental will this assessment be?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
what was your rank for the second assessment?
chances are that since you came second in your first assessment, it wont have a huge affect i might think of your rank
i guess for the remaining 70%, you have to try and stay consistent...especially the trials

williamc

HSC
-pari- said:
I just got about 7/15 for a 15% assessment.

it was my second assessment - the first one was worth 15% i got 14.3 came second in the grade.

if i ace the rest of my assessments, how detrimental will this assessment be?
You shoudl know the asnwer to this, you seem to help other peole out. You stuffed up a 15% assessment, this is worth 7.5 of your final hsc mark so you still have 92.5 marks to fix it.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i think i came around 16/26.

& i dnt really know if it works like...dividing it by two just coz your internals are worth half your total.....
coz your internals are calculated differently to externals.

williamc

HSC
-pari- said:
i think i came around 16/26.

& i dnt really know if it works like...dividing it by two just coz your internals are worth half your total.....
coz your internals are calculated differently to externals.
Fact of the matter is that your Total Hsc mark is an average of your aligned internal assessment mark and aligned hsc exam mark. 50+50=100

Therefore, you didn't do the best in a 15% assessment, you can still make it up easily in the remaining 85% of your assessment mark remaining and your hsc exam. In short, no your "bad" mark isn't going to effect you that much, it may minus a couple(two at most id say) of marks to your final hsc mark.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah all i can say is that to leave that behind you and focus on the following assessment tasks ahead
i remember for one of the assessment tasks for maths, i was ranked 22/38...obviously i was dissappointed at that, but that didnt deter me to strive for the first rank, which i did comfortably
so forget about it and move on

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
williamc said:
Fact of the matter is that your Total Hsc mark is an average of your aligned internal assessment mark and aligned hsc exam mark. 50+50=100
Actually, moderated HSC assessment mark, but yeah, pretty much.

pari - you should be fine if you do well in your other assessments and get back closer to the top ranks. This result won't affect you too badly if you do well in your other 85% of your assessments and get the good ranks.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
-pari- said:
oh yay!

i'm consoled :)

thank you all very much :eek:
pari dear,
you're worryig too much.
You;ll be fine.
16/26 isnt that bad, esp if you came second in the first assessment.
Just pick up your game for the rest of them and you wont be a 'genisu wnanabe'
you'll be a genius
:)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
try 21/45.

haha,, that's whta i got for my first 3 assessments. lol (although may have been weighted differently) and i still gotta pretty decent mark. lol,, i got 77 for my final mark (for adv. english)

the teachers also moderate ur marks in according to how u have been doing throughout the year.

Eg;; u naturally get better at a subject throughout the year as u familiarise yourself with it and hence, initial marks are a poor indication of what ur a ctual performance in a subject is, so they push up the mark if they beelieve u deserve it.

also hardwork! and constant vigilence~!

atreus

HSC
dont worry about the nominal value of your assessment mark. your rank is what matters most, as well as the proportion of your class' marks. i remmeber for one class i worked out my assessment was 83 (cos of a couple of really bad assessments) but my rank was first. in the hsc i got 95 and my assessment mark was 95.

the logic is that if your teacher was harsh overall, and overall your class does better in the hsc, then all your assessment marks will be scalled up, and then these new scaled assessment marks averaged with your hsc marks. so in effect, your hsc exam mark counts for more than just the 50%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)