how did u find the aust theatre question? (1 Viewer)

How did you find the Aust theatre question?

• Horrible and i bollocksed it up

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Ok but i bollocksed it anyway

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Horrible but i managed

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Ok, i lived

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • meh.

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
haha lol yeah belonging is used a lot in my essays to
lol

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I managed it rather well, because I had a few examples that fit in well with the question.

ie. "Black Skinned Girl" (was the scene I think in Seven Stages) where the use of an Aboriginal chant is used to isolate white audiences, in a similar fashion to how Aborigines feel marginilised in contemporary society.

And stuff like that etc..

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
That question was writen for an aboriginal play! :p.. too bad i Did Running and Gary's house...

Overall, an okay question.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
<3 Aboriginals now :D

Spunner's thing worked out rather well though, I sad femininity was a socially imposed artifical construct^^.

Fire Sprite

not liking the belonging.....i struggled to make my knowledge fit that question but eh its over now! I was suprised at the exam overall - my half yearlies and trials got good responses but all of my class came out stumped and pissed off about that one. meh

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
neo_o said:
<3 Aboriginals now :D

Spunner's thing worked out rather well though, I sad femininity was a socially imposed artifical construct^^.
SHUT UP! Thats exactly what I said!

The whole "perfect mother is a social construction... blah blah blah"

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
i was never going to go well in Australian theatre anyway... but i sort of managed to answer the question.

I said in 7 stages they used the character of an every woman to convey that aboriginals belong in society and also belong to each other and isolate the audience so theyre forced to question if they belong and how they feel about aboriginals belonging...

A lot of belongings ;)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
there should be a "that question was super swell" poll option. I loved it

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
I did contemporary as well. I also wrote 6.5 pages and mentioned the word 'belonging' i don't know HOW many times. That was the best question I've had in drama!!!

dynamic22

Future Dictator
HSC
i had a lot of material for seven stages but as soon as i saw the question, i could not remember all those fancy sophicated paragraphs that i had to reguritate.

but somehow managed...talked about how the play is about the struggle to reconcile the spiritual base of aboriginality to the economic base which underpins capitalism 'what is it worth?'

but i forgot to use 'cultural hybrity' somewhere in there...grr

but damn i love university essays!!!

really stuffed up my other essay.... :(

thatgirl

OMG - that was the most evil question ever - I hated it!
And (oh bugger) I didn't realise that I had to talk about dramatic conventions till the last 5 minutes - I just threw in the word somewhere once or twice
Absolutely horrible
Although - 7 stages fitted in really well with the question
It was definately not one I was expecting

mugrug

I did Bush Vs City... would have been fine had I not had Biology right before it... serious lack of drama study. I managed though, just wasn't the best i could have done.

I interpreted it to mean finding a sense of belonging... as in Australian dramas search for national identity expressed through the characters in the test. that way I got to talke about context, British Melodrama, Vaudeville etc... basically I crapped on a lot but hopefully wrote something intelligible.

Last edited:

boo86

HSC
contemporary

it was a pretty wierd question, hadnt really been prepared for it, nothing about "belonging" in the syllybus. Lots of stereotypes though. And I mentioned the whole stuf about Auz theatre looking for a form, wanting to belong to the world of theatre. Yea, really b-s'd my way through it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)