How did you find the Hospo exam?? (1 Viewer)

notlongnow

Hey guys? how did u find the exam? i was happy with it.. it was what i expected.. the multiple choice was pretty easy.. but question 21 about the communication media i thought sucked?? i left 20minutes early most ppl were leaving already at my school...

Skeeta

HSC
yeah the exam wasnt too bad.. and yeh that question on communcation did suck immensly

i stayed till the end - what option did you guys do.. tourism, comercial cookery.. etc
we had comm cook it wasnt too bad

GrumbleCakes

yup question 21 was poo (was it a common sense question or did we learn about communications media during the course??)... i did commercial cookery, most guys in our exam left early as well, the guy in front of me left with an hour to go... he wasnt that motivated.

Skeeta

HSC
i dead set dont remember learning anything about communications media.. what did u write...??

i just wrote the media can influence or hinder people going to establishments (TV commercials vs. poor ratings)

and for the consumers i just wrote that consumers can gain information about different products and services... basically blabbed for the four pages... what did evryone else write?

GrumbleCakes

For Q21 i just wrote a whole lot of shit as well... mainly about advertising on TV, radio and the such and how it affects us (the consumers). And yeh i still managed to write 6 pages on it so i guess that im a good bullshitter :p

For Q22 i did commercial cookery and i deep fried a fish :) Was really easy

JessC

HSC
N/A
it was an ok test.
some multiple choice were a bit close though but with Q21 i wrote absolute shit! the markers will be reading such bullshit from everyone!

boyzluver

I agree that Q 21 sucked....can't beleive you guys wrote so many pgs....i wrote like 2.....i did commercial cookery as well and that was so easy....i don't remember learning anything about the communications thingy
what did u guys get for the multiple choice??
do you reckon these are right?
1.B
2.D
3.A
4.A
5.B
6.C
7.D
8.D
9.B
10.A
11.A
12.D
13.A
14.D
15.A
what do u reckon?

rachieg

i thought the exam was ok...the multiple choice were a bit shit...i never like hospi multiple choice, they are always too confusing...apart from that the rest was alright...i liked the communication media question....gave me an opportunity to bullshit about stuff that was easy to bullshit about...i wrote 2 booklets on that question....the commercial cookery one was easy...another confident bullshit...i expected that question...and most of the others...just did shit on the stock question...but ah well hopefully i did good...but has anyone else heard that to get 80% in hospi hsc exam u r in the top 1% of the state? thats what i was hoping for but if thats the case!! HA sure....

stephiee

i hated it!!!!
multiple choice was good tho
but everything else was bleh lol
i left with like 45 minutes to go!!

*BUCKO*

Was happy with all but Q21...just spoke about the positive and negative effects advertising of new products and services had on employees...enterprises and consumers....does that sound right?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I found it alright except for Q21. We didn't learn about anything on TV advertisements so l just talked about communication within the workplace (e.g. telephone, internet, email etc)

chef_satan

Yeah hospitality had me worried but good old general knowledge really pulled through for me. I cam first in the year for hospitality and i dont remeber ever learning or seeing anything like q21 ever.. it was complete shit... but if your good at blabbing on about good and bad advertising i think it will be good.... i did the commercial cookery q22, and chose poaching,,,, ne one do that responce how did you go?!

JessC

HSC
N/A
boyzluver said:
I agree that Q 21 sucked....can't beleive you guys wrote so many pgs....i wrote like 2.....i did commercial cookery as well and that was so easy....i don't remember learning anything about the communications thingy
what did u guys get for the multiple choice??
do you reckon these are right?
1.B
2.D
3.A
4.A
5.B
6.C
7.D
8.D
9.B
10.A
11.A
12.D
13.A
14.D
15.A
what do u reckon?

hey i think 3 is D and number 7 is either a or b...but definately not d...its referring to reducing stock damage....wasn't sure with that one either

coco_87

:)

yeah hospo exam was good, and yeah the communication question was based on common sense, but i liked it

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
GrumbleCakes said:
yup question 21 was poo (was it a common sense question or did we learn about communications media during the course??)... i did commercial cookery, most guys in our exam left early as well, the guy in front of me left with an hour to go... he wasnt that motivated.
lol thats what i was thinking, im like did i miss out on this module?
coz most of the stuff i was writing had nothing to do with what we learnt, i added my own examples and wrote on some bullshit about communication media lol
that question was bullshit!!
i left with about 25mins to go
multiple choice was tricky compared to past papers lol
n short answers were alright!!

i did commercial cookery
EASY SHIT!
(i did deep drying beer battered fish filletS? hahahaha)
how cracked!

SydGuy17

i feel heaps good after that exam
multi choice werent to bad
short answers easy as filled every line and went over on some
and extended responses were just common sense

in 21 i just went on about how TV, radio, newspapers and internet affect consumers with good reviews the business gets more customers but with just 1 bad report can send them out of business

and for employees provides info about advancement in the industry and how if they work in an establishment that gets a bad report that could follow them to future job and affect them that way and i wrote about 3 pages

and i did 22 and just went on about deep frying a chicken schnitzel. never thought i could write 4 pages on that

ps i have small writing aswell

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I found q21 pretty good, cuz i got to throw round stuff i remembered, but we never did anything on it in class, kinda had to put stuff like market needs and expectation, trends and what affects hospitality and shit in it, and how communication media influences the consumers choice. I like bullshitting!!
Anyway, did most ppl who did commercial cookery do deep fried fish?? lol i know i did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)