How Did You Keep Organised? (1 Viewer)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Hey guys,

Pretty much as the name suggests I was wondering how you all kept your school books and notes organised. I'm saying this cause Im starting prelims and was wondering what would be the most effective way of doing so. My books and notes are usually just a mess and will probably get worse next year. :bomb:

(BTW I'm doing more science based subjects like Physics, Chem and Bio)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post. :sun:

QZP

HSC
I didn't use books/paper for any of my subjects but maths. I just continually built and refined my own set of notes on the computer throughout the year, ignoring a lot of school worksheets and homework that were irrelevant to the HSC syllabus.

astroman

HSC
I didn't use books/paper for any of my subjects but maths. I just continually built and refined my own set of notes on the computer throughout the year, ignoring a lot of school worksheets and homework that were irrelevant to the HSC syllabus.
true, during year 11 u are bombarded with sheets, especially for sciences and maths so keep them organised and do all ur note taking on the computer for better organisation.

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
Protip: Bring a small bag so you have to throw out all the useless sheets you get.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Check out officeworks they've got files and folders for all sorts of papers you want stored, whether they're hole-punched thick booklets, loose-leaf paper, etc.

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
Check out officeworks they've got files and folders for all sorts of papers you want stored, whether they're hole-punched thick booklets, loose-leaf paper, etc.
Fuck paper, I guarantee that by 2040 we will planting more trees than cutting down for paper

evasharman

HSC
If you're doing humanities - thick lined books with a folder to carry in the day for sheets! Conscious effort to keep it organised throughout the year. And a seperate book for practice essays!

FlameLash

HSC
I am currently filing using blank manila folders, but while it is a very economical option, I recommend using colour-coded binder folders. I have used these in the past and are fantastic for keeping organised and can hold a greater number of documents in protector sleeves in comparison to manila folders.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
What do you guys think of plastic sleeve folders for all worksheets and booklets and all other writing in the school book. Also did you guys have a book per term, semester or year?

Reactions: x1

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
best friend is the stapler
teachers e.g. my physics teacher
photocopy entire book during xourse of year so I stapled it

or scan it. local library has free scanner to USB as PDF v. quick then rotate pages using
free program called PDFsam.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I personally just used a folder and separated each subject, was very convenient and worked well for me. I also kept my sheets in plastic sleeve folders and kept my notes in specific folders on my laptop if necessary. With ~10 minutes of organization a week keeping organized is quite easy really.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Hey guys,

Pretty much as the name suggests I was wondering how you all kept your school books and notes organised. I'm saying this cause Im starting prelims and was wondering what would be the most effective way of doing so. My books and notes are usually just a mess and will probably get worse next year. :bomb:

(BTW I'm doing more science based subjects like Physics, Chem and Bio)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post. :sun:
Organisation? What's that? Ahahahaha, i just went throughout the year without folders or notes, i don't think i did too badly, results weren't the best though, Chemistry exam-94 Physics exam-90. Everyone else that got higher on this site seem to have organised themselves, i just got extremely disoriented trying to :( Prob not a good habit to bring along to uni. Physics teacher gave us a bunch of random printed sheets from different textbooks instead of giving us the actual textbooks themselves, which we actually had... just threw all in the bin after class was over.

Last edited:
Reactions: x1
HSC
School notes:
-book for every subject (no# of pgs and type depends on subject)
-sleeved folder, manilla folder or plastic sleeve for sheets
-you can also chuck sheets at the back of your book or sticky tape/ glue in books
-label everything clearly

home organisation:
-completed study notes in a file doculope (has many compartments), a section for each subject or using an A4 box or some sort of file case
-keep old tests and assessments in a separate folder (no.. you can't get rid of them yet and please do not burn them...jks)
-have a shelf or compartment for your school books so you can make a pile of what needs to be done

most important- a planner:

-have either a yearly diary, weekly planner table or to-do list. Any of these will help you a lot with organisation!

Remember keep everything as clear and neat to you by using labels or markers to distinguish each subject!

astroman

HSC
i used a diary for about first term of year 11, it never worked though lol

HSC
I know! Diaries don't really suit many people. When I say I use one, people are like "oh really?"
Did you do something in substitute like post-it notes, paper or a planner board?

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Our principal kept stressing the importance of the diary, but i'm pretty sure everyone ignored him and moved on. Also my school tried this absolutely ridiculous system that was discarded like 4th week of use, basically they gave entire year a yellow booklet, that you had to write your goals for the "study period" and at the end of the period you had to write down what you "achieved" during that period. Some people actually tried following it, and wasted 1/4 of their period thinking about what they were going to do and writing it down. Yeah we were pretty much laughing at how stupid the system was, and wasted approx 40 mins of a 50 min period insulting the system. BTW, did/does anyone actually study in their study periods???

Last edited:

sophiacoia

HSC
To keep everything organised I actually have one exercise book for each unit of study (for me that's 21 books or something)
Then I have plastic sleeved folders for all my study sheets (colour coded for what unit of study it is)
Then I have an accordion file labelled for exams/assessments/future stuff/ important documents/ etc etc etc.
AND a diary - literally cannot survive without one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)