How difficult/generous can the HSC markers be? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
FYI, cuz its not luck.

All HSC papers are double marked and all HSC markers undergo an intensive process of marking. They first determine a highly elaborate set of marking guidelines and then do some pilot marking on sample papers in order to determine that all teachers are on the same marking plane. These papers are pulled out of the papers done by students all around the state, so for some of you, you will have your paper marked by over 1000 teachers.

If these teachers do not allocate the same mark to the same paper, they go back to the marking guideline and then establish what went wrong - and do it again. Until it is done and patted down; everyone gives the same mark.

So pretty much, luck plays a VERY SMALL percentage of the mark you get. It is ultimately up to you.
ok cuz.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Markers supposedly look for anything to give you marks - that includes crossed out work - again, supposedly.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I don't think they're generous nor mean, they just give marks where you deserve it that is all

probably similar to how they're given at school

dydx

HSC
They are set out to award marks not take away marks. I heard somewhere they can also change the marking criteria if they find people are losing too many marks and thus remark and award more marks (don't know if this is what really happens).

Btw nice sig Official, wonder if the guy is still posting on the forum LOL

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
They are set out to award marks not take away marks. I heard somewhere they can also change the marking criteria if they find people are losing too many marks and thus remark and award more marks (don't know if this is what really happens).
I don't think the change the criteria to suit students as students are supposed to be able to meet the criteria. Also, changing the criteria won't be fair as it will advantage the students who deserve no marks and disadvantage those who actually got it correct.

Stefic

HSC
N/A
dont worry the interest rate is going down, therefore the markers must be in a good mood haha

qawe

HSC
N/A
Different mind set here. The markers will try to give you marks wherever they can, not try to take away marks from you.
i disagree. i reckon they just say that so ppl who havent picked up a book all year dont kill themselves from stress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)