How difficult is it to get early entry into law school? (1 Viewer)

theamazingspidey

HSC
Hi. I live in Sydney. I’m doing my HSC right now, and my goal is to get into law school. Unfortunately, my grades are lacking. My English grades are exceptional, but the rest of my grades (maths, biology, food technology and visual arts) are just OK. I’m losing sleep stressing out over my HSC, and I’m constantly anxious about being yelled at by my parents when I don’t get the ATAR necessary to get into law school. Hopefully, I can get into law school by applying through early entry. How difficult is it to get into early entry? I’m planning on applying to every university I can. My sister is trying to reassure me that I should get early entry (she got early entry despite her grades being average), but I was wondering what everyone on here thought.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
In my honest opinion, I don't think you should worry too much on whether or not it is difficult to achieve, you just set it as your goal and do whatever it takes to reach it (whether it be through your raw atar or through an early entry). Had you found it to have been difficult to achieve, would you change your decision to apply for early entry?

gizdonk2

HSC
It depends on which one. Sydney is fucking hard, wsu is piss easy. If your motivation for being a lawyer is mummy and daddy yelling at you, I highly dissuade you from doing so. I find it strange that you are doing maths, biology, food technology and arts. Law is the last career that comes to mind from them and they're not even high scaling. Early entry is bullshit lower unis tend to pull but can really help if you suck at exams. HSC isn't be all and end all. I went to a shit school and studied my ass off to get into mq law and then transferred to usyd law, which is a big difference.

If the rest of your grades are just ok right now, how do you expect to get into law school through early entry? You have it backwards, early entry is for people now whose grades are exceptional and who later will have bad grades. Still apply since its easy, but keep low hopes and instead of crying about it, just sit your ass down and study. Your number one focus must be study baby study baby.

Instead of spending time being anxious, being yelled at and losing sleep, why don't you spend that time in the library studying?

The best advice one can give is to stop worrying and Study as hard you can. Worry about what your future will look like in the big break after exams but before uni.

Last edited:

Bashar H Malkawi

HSC
Getting in law school is not easy especially those in the upper ranking. I am wondering why select these subject if you intend to study law. My advice is to study hard and apply to every law school and keep your fingers crossed. No need to worry, things will work out just fine. Bashar H. Malkawi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)