How do you challenge internal marks? (1 Viewer)

jessied

HSC
Er, Your ranking is released on the 11th of Nov and you challenge that by talking to your principal who will then talk to the Board of Studies...

I'm pretty sure you can't challenge your internal marks cos you never find them out and they're not released to you.

crossmyheart

HSC
when they are released on the 11th that is... a website? if so, whats the address

nwatts

HSC
05er said:
What could I do if I find that the marks submitted for my internal assessment are wrong when they released to me on Nov 11?
Internal assessment marks are simply there to determine how far apart each rank is. Be more concerned that your ranks are correct. If, after you check on the 11th, they are wrong, then call your school as well as the BOS and sort it out.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Your internal ranks that appear on studentsonline should be the same as the ranks that appeared in your school reports, or were given to you in class etc.

If they are not the same, or you feel there has been some error in their calculation (i.e if you got 100% for every assesment but youre ranked 24th or something) then you appeal to your school.

The school policies differ from school to school, but usually they will not consider marks for individual assesments in the appeal. They WILL however look to see if the Assesment program was within the BOS guidelines for internal assesment, as well as the school's guidelines, as well as checking for clerical and computer errors.

If the outcome of the school review is not satisfactory to you, you may seek to appeal to the BOS. However, this appeal is only to investigate wether the school acted with integrity and fairness in its investigation. The board cannot actually change the ranks and marks that the school gives them

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
Rafy said:
Your internal ranks that appear on studentsonline should be the same as the ranks that appeared in your school reports, or were given to you in class etc.
what happened if i came equal with someone, because i got equal ranks in a few subjects.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
what if the mark for an individual assessment task was imputed incorrectly, therby lowering your mark overall and your ranking?

cause i think this might have happened to me, iam happy with my results and all, but i expected a bit higher going off my assessment results and i know the assessment task in question where my test was "lost" and then found again, it was lost because when i added up the marks in it, i found it was around 83% instead of the 79% so my test was seperated from the others to check this out and thats when it got "lost" so i reckon the lower mark of 79% ot even worse, the class average was used instead of the 83% i deserve. its just a couple of percent so i dont really care that much, but if it makes me go up a rank or two then it might actually have an effect on my UAI, meaning i might miss out on my course because of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)