How do you ignore annoying things in order to study effectively (1 Viewer)

Caboodles

I am just wondering because, I have friggin cane trucks and harvesters passing my house every 5 minutes. How do you guys ignore annoying background sound while you are studying?

DaRanjed

People were playing the grand piano in the room under us. Dammit. It was every song you can imagine. SO annoying.

It's the freakin HSC! Can't teachers tell them to NOT play for a few hours?!

Tambubs

HSC
i know what you mean, i have six dogs that bark at anything that moves, and they pretend they can't hear you. come to think of it, if i'm getting distracted, as i am now as i should be study ancient, i go do some excercise or something that i enjoy, so when i do come back to my work i will feel more like doing it, and also your brain is more active so its not paying attention to the small(or big) sounds around you.....................
i have no idea if i answered anything, but hey, lifes like that.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm distracted by everything around me.

Oh look! ....A TV!
Oh look! ..........Internet Cable!
Oh look! .................The door is open
Oh look! ..........................That dog has a puffy tail!

And so forth.

Caboodles

lol I just got distracted and ended up watching channel v, and a message popped up the the screen..."scientific evidence has proven that listening to this channel will improve your exam mark".....I was creeped out so I turned off the tv and came back on here.
Isn't it supposed to be quiet in rural areas? I mean I was woken up all night at 10 minute intervals due to cane trucks picking up the cane harvesting bins- they started at like 12pm and went until 5am....AAAAARGH!
Is it currently noisy where u guys are at the moment? And what noises really piss u off...lol

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah im exactly the same - tv, comp, food, Whoa! a blue car!

i find i can sit and study for about an hour before getting distracted or thinking... meh ive done an hour i deserve a break... lol

SelphieBoffin

HSC
I usually put headphones on and listen to music. Not exactly the greatest thing to study with, but I find it less distracting then other distractions ie. dogs, cats, brothers, parents, tv etc.

chuboy

HSC
People were playing the grand piano in the room under us. Dammit. It was every song you can imagine. SO annoying.

It's the freakin HSC! Can't teachers tell them to NOT play for a few hours?!
It's the HSC, do you have to study every hour of the day?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)