How do you know if you received a state rank? (1 Viewer)

zbolland

HSC
My friend seems to be quite confident in saying that he got a raw 99-100 on the 3U exam and is adamant that a state rank could be coming his way... how does one know if they got a state rank?

Does it appear on the HSC results page or do you find out via the Sydney Morning Herald or HSCNinja etc.?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe the student who comes first in the state for a particular subject receives a call from the Premier informing them of this outcome a week prior to the release of HSC results. The remaining students who have also achieved a state rank are informed of this outcome on the day HSC results are released, although they do not receive calls. This will be concurrent with the release of the HSC Honour Roll in the case of HSCninja and the HSC Top Achievers in Course in the case of NESA.

I hope this helps! :D

zbolland

HSC
Makes sense!

Does it appear on the results page though? (i.e. would it say HSC MARK 100 for 3U, 3rd in State)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Makes sense!

Does it appear on the results page though? (i.e. would it say HSC MARK 100 for 3U, 3rd in State)
Sorry, I thought that by "HSC results page" you were referring to the HSC Top Achievers in Course list.

I have never seen an HSC results page showing that a student achieved a state rank in one or more of their subjects, which would make me believe that state ranks do not appear on the HSC results page. 🤔

zbolland

HSC
Sorry, I thought that by "HSC results page" you were referring to the HSC Top Achievers in Course list.

I have never seen an HSC results page showing that a student achieved a state rank in one or more of their subjects, which would make me believe that state ranks do not appear on the HSC results page. 🤔
I meant the page on studentsonline or the text message that we will receive from NESA - apologies, wording was dodgy

notme123

HSC
I meant the page on studentsonline or the text message that we will receive from NESA - apologies, wording was dodgy
no you dont. my friend who got a sr found out only once he checked that page with all the top achievers on nesa

tito981

HSC
If I'm not wrong, I believe a state rank is also based on a student's assessment mark, so they would have to be very confident on a 100 assessment mark.
no its not dependent on internal mark, as i presume OPs friend is rank 1 internally meaning they will get their external mark for their internals, given they come first externally aswell.

tito981

HSC
no its not dependent on internal mark, as i presume OPs friend is rank 1 internally meaning they will get their external mark for their internals, given they come first externally aswell.
it does not matter what mark they got internally given that they came first internally.

zbolland

HSC
he’s ranked top 5 at a top 3 selective school, so equivalent of rank 1 anywhere else lol

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
State rank is not the same as a first in state. To be first in state (i.e. where you actually get notified to be given an award) it is almost a pre-requisite you come first internally. However, that is not necessary for a non-first state rank (where there is no notification, you just find out yourself in the Top Achievers list), especially if many students in your school are clustered near the top of the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)