• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you study for paper two? (1 Viewer)

azzikiel

Dj azzikiel...
HSC
What should I know for the trial english paper two?
My electives we studied are:
Raw
The Club
Witness

I have been told all i dont need any other texts for witness. How many other texts should I know for the other's?

Thanks.:)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
write generic essays
remember them
then reproduce them in the exam but just addapt them to the question

thats what im doing for advanced.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah.
I first write an essay based on the generic question. In Advanced "How do composers of texts represent ideas about xxx" then i turn the essay into an essay outline which is basically the essay in dotpoints/headings. I remember the outline and adapt it to the question in the actual exam.

Ghost1788

HSC
Deus said:
yeah.
I first write an essay based on the generic question. In Advanced "How do composers of texts represent ideas about xxx" then i turn the essay into an essay outline which is basically the essay in dotpoints/headings. I remember the outline and adapt it to the question in the actual exam.

you ppl are so smart, i hevent the first clue about generic essays...i just memorise as many quotes and what they do and write an answer and stick some quotes in to support my arguement

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
hmmm its good to have some sort of structure worked out before you go into the exam. Your marks will be better.

HSC
is that all you can really do for english?
ive been freaking out all day today, english isn't something you can just kill

my teacher says you need talent to hit band 5/6 and she goes I dont have the skill, while most people would probably mouth of at her, maybe' she's right?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Casmira said:

my teacher says you need talent to hit band 5/6 and she goes I dont have the skill, while most people would probably mouth of at her, maybe' she's right?
Only two people got band 6 in the state last year in standard english
U sound like a smart bloke Casmira but.
I reckon u can get a high band 5 if u wanted

P

pLuvia

Casmira said:

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
thanks for the encouragement guys D: the most i ever got in english was 15/20, its like the only way i can ever make half decent work is if i constantly refine it

do most people out there get it first go?! is it just me that sits there rewriting and re-refining work!?

i understand its prob. impossible to get band 6 i mean a few people in the state is probably reserved for the english students good enough to be in advanced

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, if your good enough to get a band 6, you should be doing Advanced. The lack of standard Band 6s shows the system is working well, and people are doing the correct course level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)