How do you think you scored? (Essay) (1 Viewer)

Give BOS a score...

• Total voters

nwatts

HSC
Go for the poll.

I feel i'm a fairly decent marker of essays. We did a *lot* of it in class, which I found valuable, and I had our HSC marker teacher to bounce off. I'm only off on cursed advanced module B questions. I want to give them all zero!

Anyway, enough of the rants! How'd you score? Did you perform higher/lower/same as expected?

I know I performed much lower than I expected. I wrote slower, and my argument was not as complex as it normally is.

(vote with the dragons if you don't actually do EE1)

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
a lot worse than i expected

i had all these brilliant ideas and ways to connect it all but in the exam i just froze up. i managed to write about two booklets but was insanely disappointed as i came out of the exam thinking of all the things i left out and/or messed up.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I froze in the middle of my exam too. Like after a few pages- about 5, i stopped because my mind went blank. SO i had to quickly go make a plan and jot down all my ideas so i wouldnt forget again and every time i had an idea after that, i would stop writing and write it on the question sheet so i can remember. That wasted about 5mins which i could of written another 2 pages or something.

But generally for the essay, i think i went preety well cos i linked all my arguments to the question and i made sure i remembered to write everything. Im purposely trying to forget what i wrote right now cos then i know i will regret something i forgot to write.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I put 19, I'd be happy with that. I often get 17ish scores for assesments and I'm pretty sure I was a quite a bit better for this so yeah, that's my reasoning.

This poll should have options lower than '17'... think about it, if one was to get 19 in each question they would probably get a band E4 (speculation, I know). I get the feeling they mark in a fairly discriminating manner, I reckon 23's would be kind of rare... anyway. Goodluck to everyone, I hope you all get what you hope for.

HSC
im not really sure.... my creatives always score over 20 but my essays in the trial and half yearlys were much lower. having said that, ive worked hard on my essay since then and im sure ive picked up many more marks.... im thinking after today it will be somewhere bewteen 18-23.... but i dont really have anything to compare it to since it was a totally new essay.... i cant be sure.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I picked 21. I'd by happy if I got that too. Never mind this 100% rubbish, I'm not that insane ;)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Probably about 21+ but it's pretty crap none of my sentences made any sense :(

rusty_rouge

HSC
Well, hmmm... I think I improved on my trials essay and story, which I got 23s in. So fingers crossed. Hard.

One more exam to go, YIPPPPEEE!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i think it was pretty damn good!.......YAY ENGLISH IS OVER!!!!!

i hope above 22 *fingers crossed*

nwatts

HSC
fleepbasding said:
This poll should have options lower than '17'... think about it, if one was to get 19 in each question they would probably get a band E4 (speculation, I know). I get the feeling they mark in a fairly discriminating manner, I reckon 23's would be kind of rare... anyway. Goodluck to everyone, I hope you all get what you hope for.
If you see the graph you'll note that a 4 students have selected the 17 or less catagory, accounting for less than 6% of the total number who've voted. Also, I could only put in 10 options, and I wanted to make sure non-EE1 people didn't feel excluded.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
nwatts said:
If you see the graph you'll note that a 4 students have selected the 17 or less catagory, accounting for less than 6% of the total number who've voted. Also, I could only put in 10 options, and I wanted to make sure non-EE1 people didn't feel excluded.
well, that has more to do with people thinking they are better than they are, but yes, I suppose no one would be choosing the lower options anyway.

C

Crazy Pomo

fleepbasding said:
well, that has more to do with people thinking they are better than they are, but yes, I suppose no one would be choosing the lower options anyway.
I want about 20 but who knows. It prolly wont happen. I think I was worth it though. Hah dude I can so seeing you ringing your necktie as you say that, and laughing nervously of course.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
I want about 20 but who knows. It prolly wont happen. I think I was worth it though. Hah dude I can so seeing you ringing your necktie as you say that, and laughing nervously of course.
notice the phycological difference between "19" and "20"? look at the poll.

C

Crazy Pomo

fleepbasding said:
notice the phycological difference between "19" and "20"? look at the poll.
I know. I think (psychologically) that I cut into the 20 zone. Hopefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)