HSC
I'm doing:
Eng Adv
Modern History 2
Legal Studies
Business Studies
PDHPE
SOR1

Is SOR1 going to count towards my star or not?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Taking 11 units usually implies that you are taking an Extension subject, although it could be a non-Extension 1 unit subject, such as Studies of Religion I as seen in your case. The rule is that only the best 10 units (which must include your best 2 units of English) will count towards your ATAR.

In the event where you have not performed well in one of your 2 unit subjects, SOR I can be used to reduce the negative effect that unfavourable performance in the 2 unit subject can have on your ATAR (provided you have performed well, or at least at a higher level in SOR I compared to the 2 unit subject). This is done by having only one unit count from the 2 unit subject, allowing for SOR I, being also one unit, to count towards your ATAR, which halves the negative effect that the 2 unit subject would have initially had on your ATAR.

If SOR I ends up being your lowest-performing subject, then it will simply not count towards your ATAR. Instead, the remaining 10 units (which will be comprised of your 2 unit subjects) will contribute towards your ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)